Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house viewings over easter

house viewings over easter

Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default house viewings over easter

Hi, i was just wondering if the easter holiday was busy for you guys with viewers looking to buy your houses?
I told my agent i still wanted to recieve viewers even though we have had an offer,he tried to tell me that there wouldnt be many peole about over the weekend as they would all be down the coast,and i didnt have any viewers,so iwas wondering how you guys found it,was he making excuses to me,cos he didnt intend sending anyone round?
Did anyone have ant luck over the weekend?

tracey
Old Mar 29th 2005, 6:56 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: house viewings over easter

It looks like you weren't the only one:-
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292984

A quiet weekend for House sellers

Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:06 am
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi, i was just wondering if the easter holiday was busy for you guys with viewers looking to buy your houses?
I told my agent i still wanted to recieve viewers even though we have had an offer,he tried to tell me that there wouldnt be many peole about over the weekend as they would all be down the coast,and i didnt have any viewers,so iwas wondering how you guys found it,was he making excuses to me,cos he didnt intend sending anyone round?

tracey

Zero viewings. Agent said it may because of Easter being early this year. He also said its Easter time the housing market improves, not easter itself, as most people go away on hols, or have family around. Hoping the next couple of weeks now will pick up..
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

mysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of lightmysnix is a glorious beacon of light

zilch!!!

Nikki
xx
Old Mar 29th 2005, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Thanks for this post. Only put the house on the market on Thursday - have spent the last three weeks making it perfect and went away for the weekend so it would stay tidy.

Not a nosy neighbour to ask for details so beginning to panic - hope you're all right and sales'll pick up quickly.

Good luck all.

Carolyn
Old Mar 29th 2005, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Fuggle will become famous soon enoughFuggle will become famous soon enough

tracey

We had one viewing on the Saturday, but we also only put our house on the market on the saturday and these could have been people that were sat on their database looking for that kind of property so early days yet.

bleurgh . I hate house selling, first you get all the promises from the estate agents on how they are going to sell your house which end up being completely untrue and unrealistic, then you have every tom dick and harry trudging through your house and you never know what they are truley thinking (our estate agents take them through the viewings and dont let us do it for some reason) - and no one seems to wipe their feet when they come through the door and there is nothing that winds me up more then having to hoover! (hoovers are, in my opinion, soley for the use of sucking up spiders)
maybe thats why the esate agents dont let us take the viewings! - I could just imagine myself barring entry into the premisis until they used the doormat for the job its intended for ...

OK gripe over!

Good luck to all with your house sales.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 10:39 am
blossom

Zero viewing here in Lincolnshire ! Everyone must have had better things to do this Easter - wish I had !!

Blossom

Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Guys,
Nothing here either. Am now sick of being told, 'this is the best time etc' only then to be told 'not many view when kids are on hols'. How many more excuses can they come up with? I've had school hols, Christmas, school hols, cold weather, snow. I think the only excuse that has been missed out so far is 'leaves on the track', pmsl. Have to laugh about it or I'll cry having been on the market since June and reduced a number of times to well below price for area. Ah well, I'll just have another beer.
Regards
Sarah
Old Mar 29th 2005, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies guys, maybe my agent wasnt spinning me a yarn after all

good luck all of you

tracey
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:21 pm

Shelley29 is an unknown quantity at this point

tracey
Hi Tracey

We have been on the market for 5 weeks now and no viewings. Have spoken to the agent today and said that in all the years she had been in the business she had never had such a response to a property as she had received when we instructed them to sell ours !!! (bull**** do you suppose).

Anyhows, we have told them to reduce it to pull in the punters. Should be getting request for bond soon. Just want to get things moving.

As for Easter break agent told me that nowdays, everyone either goes away or doesn't realise the agents are open and so don't call to arrange viewings and in her opinion it's always quiet. On the positive side everyone we have spoken to has said that when they were selling, it was after the easter weekend it went mad. Up until then it was dead.

Here's hoping for a sale soon, to whoever is selling and moving to Oz !!

Ashley & Shelley
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Crockett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by teach
Hi Guys,
Nothing here either. Am now sick of being told, 'this is the best time etc' only then to be told 'not many view when kids are on hols'. How many more excuses can they come up with? I've had school hols, Christmas, school hols, cold weather, snow. I think the only excuse that has been missed out so far is 'leaves on the track', pmsl. Have to laugh about it or I'll cry having been on the market since June and reduced a number of times to well below price for area. Ah well, I'll just have another beer.
Regards
Sarah
I'm on the other side of the fence and had actually set aside last weekend to view prospective houses to buy or rent. Actually tried to arrange viewings on 5 properties - only succeeded in viewing one. Others didn't materialise as either the estate agent wasn't open (3 out of 5) or was open and it needed to be an accompanied visit (and the agent was on their own and couldn't leave the shop) or "the vendors have gone away and haven't left us the keys". Waste of a weekend for me - should have gone away. So much for all the cr*p about being the busiest time of the year for EA's
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Zilch here too
moved to a new agent today so i expect we will be putting out the barriers tomorrow to keep the crowds back
I wish !!!!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:45 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

tracey
Tracey,

A big fat ZERO!!!

Neil
Old Mar 29th 2005, 8:36 pm
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by neil.b
Tracey,

A big fat ZERO!!!

Neil
Hi All

We had 1 viewing on Saturday; well it was a second viewing. They then put in an initial offer 6k under our asking price, we declined, they then added 2K so we have taken 2 days to think about the offer, which is 4K under are expected price. We are leaving the UK for Canberra on 12 May 05, come what may so we are thinking of accepting the offer. The good thing is we will be in the strong position when we want to by over there so it's swings and roundabouts. The market in our area has not really had the big kick it was meant to have over Easter (due to good weather and football). Its still definitely a buyers market and when you get an offer from someone who has a first time buyer purchasing their property it's too good to pass by. We wish you all the best and hope that your buyer comes through your door soon. We think house selling is more stressful than obtaining the Visa.
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:16 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RockHopper
Hi All

We had 1 viewing on Saturday; well it was a second viewing. They then put in an initial offer 6k under our asking price, we declined, they then added 2K so we have taken 2 days to think about the offer, which is 4K under are expected price. We are leaving the UK for Canberra on 12 May 05, come what may so we are thinking of accepting the offer. The good thing is we will be in the strong position when we want to by over there so it's swings and roundabouts. The market in our area has not really had the big kick it was meant to have over Easter (due to good weather and football). Its still definitely a buyers market and when you get an offer from someone who has a first time buyer purchasing their property it's too good to pass by. We wish you all the best and hope that your buyer comes through your door soon. We think house selling is more stressful than obtaining the Visa.
Hi RockHopper,
Please don't take offence by my next comment... ARE YOU MAD!!!! 4k under asking price, take it, take it. We have reduced by 10k so far and were not overpriced in the first place as most are at the moment. If we were in your shoes, we'd jump at the offer, in fact we wouldn't let them out of the house ever again, lol.
Good luck
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.