Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House viewing today

House viewing today

Old Oct 9th 2004, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future
Default House viewing today

Have got someone coming to view the house at 1pm. It's gone so quiet here that I reckon this could be our last chance to sell this side of Christmas. Have sent hubby and the kids out so I can clean up (again). I only did it yesterday. How can my house turn into a pig sty so quickly? Lots and lots of house buying karma about 1pm would be most appreciated
Yvonne
Old Oct 9th 2004, 1:40 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: House viewing today

Originally Posted by YFitz
Have got someone coming to view the house at 1pm. It's gone so quiet here that I reckon this could be our last chance to sell this side of Christmas. Have sent hubby and the kids out so I can clean up (again). I only did it yesterday. How can my house turn into a pig sty so quickly? Lots and lots of house buying karma about 1pm would be most appreciated
Yvonne
Hope the viewing went well. I spent hours cleaning again this morning, even did inside the oven. We also had a viewing booked for 1pm but they cancelled as they decided that it wasn't the right area for them.
Sarah
Old Oct 9th 2004, 2:02 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Thats a pain Sarah, I hate that when you gear yourself up for it then they cancel.

Hope yours went well Yvonne, couldn't send you Karma, I was busy cleaning up for my 1 pm viewing.

So what do you reckon on this then.

If your property is on the market for say £280,000, 30,000 over the stamp duty threshold. could you accept an offer of £250,000 and have the £30,000 as fix & fittings. Is this Legal, I am not sure if this is possible.

What do you think.

Julia
Old Oct 9th 2004, 3:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

YFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant futureYFitz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Springo
Thats a pain Sarah, I hate that when you gear yourself up for it then they cancel.

Hope yours went well Yvonne, couldn't send you Karma, I was busy cleaning up for my 1 pm viewing.

So what do you reckon on this then.

If your property is on the market for say £280,000, 30,000 over the stamp duty threshold. could you accept an offer of £250,000 and have the £30,000 as fix & fittings. Is this Legal, I am not sure if this is possible.

What do you think.

Julia
Hmm don't have a clue if it's legal or not- though my gut reaction is that it isn't otherwise everyone would use it as a loophole. Ask your estate agent though- they'll know.
That's annoying you got cancelled Sarah. Didn't they know the area before they booked the viewing?? Think some people just like wasting sellers time grrr.
Good luck to us all- lets hope we get an offer of full asking price by
monday. Fat chance
Yvonne
Old Oct 9th 2004, 4:52 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Springo

What do you think.
No you will not get away with it, or rather the buyer won't - fittings have to be at market value and those properties around the stamp duty limits will be subject to closer inspection. New rules came in last year to try and cut down this loophole

IR FAQS
Old Oct 9th 2004, 5:58 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't forget the elephants
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don
Don't forget the elephants
Umm, sorry Don, you lost me.......
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:25 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YFitz
Umm, sorry Don, you lost me.......
Bring luck
Old Oct 9th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Don
Bring luck
Oh of course! sorry a bit slow tonight- full of gin- it's my birthday tomorrow
Yvonne
Old Oct 9th 2004, 7:17 pm
Carramar Perth

Originally Posted by walaj
No you will not get away with it, or rather the buyer won't - fittings have to be at market value and those properties around the stamp duty limits will be subject to closer inspection. New rules came in last year to try and cut down this loophole

IR FAQS

Cheers Walaj

Thats what I needed to know, bloody buyers, why can't I just have a normal buyer thats willing to play it straight.

I shal have to kick him down the garden path.

Julia
Old Oct 10th 2004, 9:39 am
Carramar Perth

Happy Birthday Yvonne

Have a good Day

Julia
Old Oct 10th 2004, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Y V O N N E

Have a great day!

On the house viewing front - just thought I'd add my two pennies worth!

We have had all of the above mentioned - time wasters, cancelled viewings, location not right! Bear in mind we have only had up to yesterday, 6 requested viewings! Our 5th 'real' one was yesterday at 2.30pm, its been so long since our last one almost forgot it was up for sale!! (ha ha) so now we wait, again, with bated breath to see if they are interested, but seeing as most of them don't bother to even give you feedback - think I might pass out

So much to sort out now we are leaving on the 29th October, just can't be bothered anymore - will have to rent it out if necessary - and suffer financially - but what can you do

Thats life!

Whats worth having is worth working hard for - who said that!

Cheers
Keep smiling!
Old Oct 10th 2004, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y Y V O N N E

Have a great day!

On the house viewing front - just thought I'd add my two pennies worth!

We have had all of the above mentioned - time wasters, cancelled viewings, location not right! Bear in mind we have only had up to yesterday, 6 requested viewings! Our 5th 'real' one was yesterday at 2.30pm, its been so long since our last one almost forgot it was up for sale!! (ha ha) so now we wait, again, with bated breath to see if they are interested, but seeing as most of them don't bother to even give you feedback - think I might pass out

So much to sort out now we are leaving on the 29th October, just can't be bothered anymore - will have to rent it out if necessary - and suffer financially - but what can you do

Thats life!

Whats worth having is worth working hard for - who said that!

Cheers
Keep smiling!

Thanks guys. Have just picked up my sister from Stanstead- haven't seen her since Dec so am going to forget about the house for just now and enjoy a few beers.
Cheers
Yvonne
Old Oct 10th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about

Springo,
Your idea of selling goods for £30K is a good one, but unfortunatly, the government closed this loop hole recently . Solicitors will not go ahead with these deals now.