House in the UK

Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Aldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura aboutAldebaran has a spectacular aura about
Default House in the UK

Did anyone move to Oz and keep their home in the UK? If so was it difficult to manage and were there any other problems.

I don't want to sell up and plan to rent out my house while I'm in Oz just in case things don't work out.

If things go well then I will possibly sell up at some stage.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

wmh76 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: House in the UK

Originally Posted by Aldebaran
Did anyone move to Oz and keep their home in the UK? If so was it difficult to manage and were there any other problems.

I don't want to sell up and plan to rent out my house while I'm in Oz just in case things don't work out.

If things go well then I will possibly sell up at some stage.

My friend went to Oz travelling for a couple of years and rented her house out while she was gone. She got a letting agent in who sorted out the tenants and rent payments etc. You can get different levels of service from the agents, depends on how involved you want to be.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:14 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House in the UK

Originally Posted by wmh76
My friend went to Oz travelling for a couple of years and rented her house out while she was gone. She got a letting agent in who sorted out the tenants and rent payments etc. You can get different levels of service from the agents, depends on how involved you want to be.
There are a few people mate, there are lots of threads on here. if you use the serach forum button up on the top right of the screen on the main view of hte australia lifestyle forum and search for renting house you should find some help such as insurance, contacting your mortgage company, how to get the money back to Aus every months etc.