British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   House Swap ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/house-swap-544945/)

SarahJane2007 Aug 4th 2008 6:11 am

Re: House Swap ?

We have friends who live in Kent and have a huge 4 bed house near an excellent secondary school who are looking to move to Brissy, Thornlands, Cleveland...

moneypenny20 Aug 4th 2008 7:07 am

There is a section in the classifieds if any of you are serious about this. It's 'House Exchange. You then click for the link to go below your avatar and you can also have it in your signature. Please don't start putting details in a general thread on the forums because they will be deleted under the advertising rule.

The more people who use the classifieds the better it will work. :D

SarahJane2007 Aug 6th 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6643575)
There is a section in the classifieds if any of you are serious about this. It's 'House Exchange. You then click for the link to go below your avatar and you can also have it in your signature. Please don't start putting details in a general thread on the forums because they will be deleted under the advertising rule.

Cool..:thumbsup:

Badger08 Aug 12th 2008 6:14 pm

Hi LizaJane,

Thanks for your email, your house looks lovely and we would be interested, however it depends on where you want to be, our house is approx 10 minutes outside the historic market town of Shrewsbury in Shropshire, if it is of some interest to you feel free to send me another email to discuss futher. Regards Badger:thumbsup:

moneypenny20 Aug 13th 2008 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Badger08 (Post 6672840)
Hi LizaJane,

Thanks for your email, your house looks lovely and we would be interested, however it depends on where you want to be, our house is approx 10 minutes outside the historic market town of Shrewsbury in Shropshire, if it is of some interest to you feel free to send me another email to discuss futher. Regards Badger:thumbsup:

You've not read my previous post then ;)

Badger08 Aug 14th 2008 7:39 pm

Apologies, not read my previous, I am new to the site - will get into the swing of things in due course.:unsure:

comet555 Aug 14th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6643575)

Personally, I think it's the other way around. If improvements are made to the classifieds section (ie. search by location) then perhaps more people would use it. I don't use it myself because it irritates me. However if it was fixed up and made more user friendly I bet more people would use it.

Rant over ;)

moneypenny20 Aug 15th 2008 7:17 am

Originally Posted by comet555 (Post 6680194)
Personally, I think it's the other way around. If improvements are made to the classifieds section (ie. search by location) then perhaps more people would use it. I don't use it myself because it irritates me. However if it was fixed up and made more user friendly I bet more people would use it.

Rant over ;)

How detailed do you want the search :confused: I just typed in Gold Coast to the Classifieds Search window and everything on offer here came up.

comet555 Aug 15th 2008 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6681517)
How detailed do you want the search :confused: I just typed in Gold Coast to the Classifieds Search window and everything on offer here came up.

Well, for example it'd be nice if there were individiual section for various countries, and then within it links for the different states so you could narrow it down to an area within driving distance.

Having to search for a keyword doesn't really work that well if you have to keep randomly trying all the suburbs/towns around you to find something in your area.

The search function might work well for you because the Gold Coast is a relatively small area and people are likely to list that as their location. But it might not work so well for the rest of us. For a classifieds section that has items from all over the word you'd think a better way to group it would be by location rather than type of item.

moneypenny20 Aug 16th 2008 1:09 am

I'll pass the request on. May be a work in progress, no idea.

comet555 Aug 16th 2008 3:38 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 6684421)
I'll pass the request on. May be a work in progress, no idea.

I think that's already been done. I've already had a bit of a rant about it here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=551106

I was mostly commenting on how I don't think it'll be better if more people use it..... rather, that more people would use it if it were better :D