House Swap ?

Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future
Default House Swap ?

Apologies in advance if this sounds a bit daft but...

Just wondering if there has ever been a house swap engineered via Expats ?
ie someone in the UK swapping homes with someone in Oz

Has anyone stuck in the property mire in the UK ever considered a swap with an expat that wants to return perhaps ? or is this a complete non starter for legal reasons.

As the property market cools in both territories and buyers dry up, do you think this could ever be a practical solution ?

Interested to hear your thoughts

thanks

Dave
Old Jun 24th 2008, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default Re: House Swap ?

Hi Dave

We have been trying to do this and have joined 3 house swap sites. It's quite difficult to tie up locations and dates though. Most people seem to want to do a swap for a couple of weeks to a month. We are looking for a year at least. Anyway we will probably end up renting our house here and then rent somewhere (much smaller!) in Sydney.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

the woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant futurethe woodys has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks for that,

Has anyone ever managed a permanent switch rather than a short term arrangement ?

D
Old Jun 24th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

This would be fantastic for us,,anyone wanna swap with me from Perth???

Bluekipper
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

I think this is a great idea - would save on estate agents fees at both ends!

We have a house in Newport Pagnell (near Milton Keynes) UK and looking to get to Melbourne!!

Any takers???
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

I would like to swap my 4-5 bedroom house in Cupar Fife with anyone who has a house near a Mater Hospital in Australia!
This would probably be subject to both of the parties being able to pick-up a mortgage for their new house.
It could work out quite complicated but at this rate with our house not selling...
HKA
x
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

is there anyone out there in oz that is looking to return to the UK but cannot sell ?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the woodys
is there anyone out there in oz that is looking to return to the UK but cannot sell ?
Quite a few in Perth I think. MBTUK forum may be a good place to ask!
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:32 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluekipper
This would be fantastic for us,,anyone wanna swap with me from Perth???

Bluekipper
Yeah I have a nice four bedder in Iraq !
Old Jul 14th 2008, 5:38 am
Julia&Simon

jiffysquid will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by the woodys

we are in Brisbane and have had our house for sale for three weeks, a few viewings but sadly no takers. We need to get to the uk pretty swiftly and would definately consider a permenant house swap with anyone in the northwest of England!!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all
Smile Re: House Swap ?

Yep, we are thinking along the same lines, have put our house in the NZ forum to see if anyone is interested. (we are in NZ wanting to go back to UK)

As long as it is done with solicitors and is above board there is no reason why it can't be done, just another case of buying and selling houses in two countries.

However it is a matter of locations matching and prices to sort out, we also have ours up as part exchange.

The slow down in the property market has affected everyone, so it is time to think out of the box and get a little creative

Go for it...and good luck

Last edited by LizaJane; Jul 15th 2008 at 11:01 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

Badger08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: House Swap ?

Hi everyone, I am new to this site and would like to a big hello. Regarding a house swap my husband and I would be really interested to hear from anyone looking to move back to the Uk as we are currently going through the Immigration process and have a date of the 19th January '09 for my husband to start his job in NZ, I know this sounds a long way off but as you know there is a lot of things to do which includes selling our house...........so can someone help?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Badger08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Badger08
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and would like to a big hello. Regarding a house swap my husband and I would be really interested to hear from anyone looking to move back to the Uk as we are currently going through the Immigration process and have a date of the 19th January '09 for my husband to start his job in NZ, I know this sounds a long way off but as you know there is a lot of things to do which includes selling our house...........so can someone help?
LizaJane, where in NZ are you, if it is within commuting distance of Auckland Central? could be interested.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:31 am
Forum Regular

peanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nicepeanut21 is just really nice

Hi we are on acreage 10mins from the beach on the Gold Coast QLD. My house is up for sale on expats and we are looking to go back to Dore in Sheffield if anyone is interested in a house swap. My house is currently up for sale on here but if they circumstances were right, I would swop or sell.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

LizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to allLizaJane is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badger08
LizaJane, where in NZ are you, if it is within commuting distance of Auckland Central? could be interested.
Hi badger, we are 10 mins out of Hamilton and in commuting distance of Auckalnd. Where are you? We would like out by the 17th Jan 09. I will pm you with house details. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.