Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"House Supermarkets" ?

"House Supermarkets" ?

Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice
Default "House Supermarkets" ?

Hi, was watching "wanted down under" last night (again!) and in Queensland they had something called "house supermarket" (i think, dont quote me). Where once you purchase some land, you can go and have a look at numerous style of houses etc pick the one you want and have it built on your land....?

have i got this right? and if so, do they do something similar in WA? Had a quick search on google but you guys are far more informative!

Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2009, 11:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "House Supermarkets" ?

Never heard of it being referred to as House Supermarkets but there are stacks of housing estates that are just show homes, normally about four or five from each developer. A lot of them do do house/land packages so you'd have to be careful that the house you like the look of is by a builder who is happy to just build - most of them are but not all. You also have to be aware that the show homes have all the add ons and your basic cost will not include 90% of what the show home has. Basic cost is very basic.