Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House sold subject to contract again!

Wikiposts

House sold subject to contract again!

Old Aug 28th 2003, 6:12 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

well done Plum, hope it goes through this time
Old Aug 28th 2003, 8:05 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

EVERYONE who reads this and is going to sell their house DO NOT EVER tie yourself down to a long contract Whatever they say the estate agent will negotiate a shorter one as long as you agree to give two weeks notice in writing and a good agent will not want a designated time at all, rather than lose the chance of being your agent. If they know they can lose you quickly and their work would all have been for nothing (and remember all the work is done is the first 2 weeks) to actually put the house on the market - they will work harder from the word go.

We have been on the market since late June. We did not sign anything so start with - although we had an agreement for a two weeks written notice. They found us 3 good buyers - on paper - and as much checking as they were legally able to do. The fact that all 3 told lies and were hoping to decrease the price at the end was not their fault. They are still sending round viewers and are working hard (one two hours ago and one tomorrow) and I know they will sell it again and to complete this time.

They also know that if things do not pick up we shall go joint agents with someone else and them so they would rather have the whole cake than only part of it.

Believe me - I have worked for two independent estate agents for a total of 8 years and I know how they should work.

Old Aug 28th 2003, 8:56 am
plumber39

I don't believe it , they've only rang this morning and said they have changed their mind's! - the old duffer's!
Oh well start again!!!!

The plumber - on the verge of giving up!!!!!!

Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:24 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by plumber39
I don't believe it , they've only rang this morning and said they have changed their mind's! - the old duffer's!
Oh well start again!!!!

Oops I'll just delete the post on the other thread.
Bad sh*t that plumber you must have been really bad in a past life cos it sounds like big G's really got it in for you.
I stand by the fact that another piss up err social get together will do you the power of good though
Sean
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well start again!!!!

So sorry plumber

Whisky
Old Aug 28th 2003, 9:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

oh god!!!!! so sorry plumber, keep on keepin on mate!
Old Aug 28th 2003, 10:14 pm
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice

Oh well plumber,at least (and it is at least) they pulled out quickly (oo-er).We had a buyer pull out after 22 weeks.Sure you know,but we made our eventual buyers put down 10 grand to prove they were genuine.This was unrefundable.Sorts out the time wasting scum.

BB-not bitter
Old Aug 28th 2003, 11:54 pm
plumber39

Have tried that a couple of time's but seem's that their solicitor's alway's tell cliant's it's not advisable to do this and they tend to go with that advice and back away, but i think it's the only way to sort out time waster's even if i lose the odd genuine person on the way. I,ve got people coming round tonight who saw the house a couple of week's ago ( for a second viewing) also have some people who have sold looking over the weekend. Maybe my luck will change and this time not like the wind!

the plumber almost down and out!!!!!

Old Aug 29th 2003, 1:54 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Have tried that a couple of time's but seem's that their solicitor's alway's tell cliant's it's not advisable to do this and they tend to go with that advice and back away, but i think it's the only way to sort out time waster's even if i lose the odd genuine person on the way. I,ve got people coming round tonight who saw the house a couple of week's ago ( for a second viewing) also have some people who have sold looking over the weekend. Maybe my luck will change and this time not like the wind!

Sorry for your news plumber but fate says the next buyer will give a better price

I can only keep our fingers crossed for you and everyone else in your position. (ps whisper Colin did suggest quick drying cement in their manhole????)
Old Aug 29th 2003, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

so sorry plumber, hang on in there though
please don't give up
regards
rach & family