house sold

Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:01 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default house sold

Just accepted an offer on our house after the last buyer admitted they had no money! Let's hope this one is a bit more forthcoming with the money!

Offer is £1k under asking price but so far it is he best offer we have so we have no option but to accept

Mel

PS I hate estate agents!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

Wolfen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: house sold

Congrats..... We hate Estate Agents too.... I cant think of anyone lower down the food chain!!!

Neil

Originally posted by mika24me
Just accepted an offer on our house after the last buyer admitted they had no money! Let's hope this one is a bit more forthcoming with the money!

Offer is £1k under asking price but so far it is he best offer we have so we have no option but to accept

Mel

PS I hate estate agents!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!! Hope you get them to sign on the dotted line really quickly - our chain is dragging on.

£1K under seems pretty good these days so I'd be patting yourselves on the back for that.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:25 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Jolyn
Congrats!!! Hope you get them to sign on the dotted line really quickly - our chain is dragging on.

£1K under seems pretty good these days so I'd be patting yourselves on the back for that.
Thanks, fingers crossed this will all go smoothly. I will feel better when we have the money in the bank!
Old Aug 6th 2003, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Atticus will become famous soon enough

Hi Mel

All the best with the house - fingers and toes crossed.

Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

We hate estate agents more than anyone !!!!!!
had two, sacked one for being crap!!! (no viewers in 7 weeks!!!)
Then on to number three, said they would sell the house in three weeks.............seven months later and a £13K drop it seems to be sold but there's no certainties in life....had valuation and suppose to be exchanging this week...

Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Mel

PS I hate estate agents!
well done Mel!! Looks like things are going well for you now.

Lucky girl!
Debs x
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Excellent news- sounds like you have got a good price there.

Estate agents are all awful the country over, probably the world over. They spout bu*****t and promise the earth.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 4:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Mel

PS I hate estate agents!
Hi Mel
got everything crossed for you hear
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant news on the house front

footie chick
Old Aug 6th 2003, 5:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

congrats and best wishes

booboo
Old Aug 6th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. We had some jumped up squirt value our house and he implied that it will only take a couple of weeks to sell as they are the best estate agent. 6 weeks later and only one viewing we have dropped the price.
They phone to say someone will come and view the house and then phone twenty minutes later saying that they can't come now. They don't return phone calls, speak a load of old tosh and charge a stupid rate for doing very little, but forget to tell you that there is VAT on top of their fees.

Haaaa I feel better now!

Originally posted by tinaj
Excellent news- sounds like you have got a good price there.

Estate agents are all awful the country over, probably the world over. They spout bu*****t and promise the earth.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:14 am
Hussy

Thanks for all your messages. Hopefully everything will now go to plan. However, I think I can beat you all in the "Worst Estate Agents" competition.

I don't currently live in my house, and it is a 6-hour drive away from Glasgow. For this reason the estate agent is doing all the viewing for me. So far they have:

1) Refused to tell me how many viewings I have had, as this is apparently none of my business
2) Asked me to stop putting so much pressure on them (I call them twice weekly for an update as they never call me) as they can’t cope with it.
3) Advertised my house in the local paper at a cost of £60 to me without telling me. I only found out when my father-in-law saw it, and wouldn't have been told by the estate agent. I had specifically asked for this advert not to go ahead.
4) Sent me faxes without a cover sheet, or marking them FAO Mel. I work in a building of 300 people and this has meant that they have gotten lost on two occasions and had to be resent.
5) They do not call viewers to ask how they got on until one week after the saw the house. (The sales guys in my office would get fired for leaving a lead that long without following it up).

They also do not have e-mail, or the facility to take switch payments. I have gotten to the stage when I dread calling them as they are so rude to me on the phone.

Unfortunately I used to sell mortgages in this area so I know that my estate agents are the best in the town. I dread to think how incompetent the others are...

Mel

PS sorry for the moan, I'm a bit hung-over this morning and feeling a bit rotten!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

pabloako is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel,

Your estate agent sounds like my migration agent!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 10:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Mel,

Good luck. Your estate agent sounds useless. And that's the best???

Sounds like we've been very lucky - sorry to go against the grain here but our estate agent is actually helpful. Charging us 1.5% - and they pay all the costs for advertising in the local rag, their website etc. They're really doing their best to push through the sale now, ringing the other agents in the chain and the purchaser. Apparently they are the oldest estate agency in the world - a small local chain of 4 offices established in 1700s. Perhaps there's a reason why they've been around so long. The other local ones are mostly cowboys though.

I hear in Canada you pay a really big percentage to the agent but you get top service for that - accompanied viewings, city wide search of other agents properties on behalf of purchasers and so on. Maybe it would be worth it.

Aussie estate agents are the same as here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.