Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Sitter Required - July 2006

House Sitter Required - July 2006

Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:35 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default House Sitter Required - July 2006

I have two dogs and am looking for a house sitter for four weeks in July 2006. Anyone got any ideas how I go about this getting people with references etc. Or even how I would start and what things I should sort out?

I would be prepared to cover the bills - but not phone! Obviously the house is furnished and am happy to accept a family with kids. Anybody done this?

We are heading to Spain for four weeks and would be happy to put the dogs in kennels but believe they may be happier at home and this way we get the house looked after?!

Obviously July is a bit of a bummer weather wise here so no use trying to entice people with pool and 20 mins from the beach.

Anyway thoughts please - even to tell me your horror stories.

Cheers
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:42 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Sitter Required - July 2006

wish i could pal, but ill be in the gold coast
are u heading to the meet this weekend?
Originally Posted by Sandra
I have two dogs and am looking for a house sitter for four weeks in July 2006. Anyone got any ideas how I go about this getting people with references etc. Or even how I would start and what things I should sort out?

I would be prepared to cover the bills - but not phone! Obviously the house is furnished and am happy to accept a family with kids. Anybody done this?

We are heading to Spain for four weeks and would be happy to put the dogs in kennels but believe they may be happier at home and this way we get the house looked after?!

Obviously July is a bit of a bummer weather wise here so no use trying to entice people with pool and 20 mins from the beach.

Cheers
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:52 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
wish i could pal, but ill be in the gold coast
are u heading to the meet this weekend?
Going to try my best, promise, no step witch from hell to bother me this time - just work work and more work!

Have you got it all planned for the Gold Coast then....any rellies you are leaving down this way who would like a stay with some smelly dogs!
Old Nov 8th 2005, 12:55 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Going to try my best, promise, no step witch from hell to bother me this time - just work work and more work!

Have you got it all planned for the Gold Coast then....any rellies you are leaving down this way who would like a stay with some smelly dogs!
wish i could help mate
its all planned, just need to kick mrs soapy up the arse with her job though, im sorted. shes draggin her feet a bit. shes been workin leke a mentalist at the mo though, so ill let her aff for a wee while lol
spain eh?
lucky B*&^%$£
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

milliemoo will become famous soon enoughmilliemoo will become famous soon enough

Cheers
you could try holswap we registered got some enquiries
but timings were out for us. good luck
Old Nov 8th 2005, 1:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

http://www.holswap.com/default.htm
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Perhaps this would suit someone who is emigrating and planning to move to the Sydney area as this would give them time to find permanent residence?

Jaymac
Old Nov 8th 2005, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute

My friends use house sitters all the time and they have never had any problems. In fact she always comes home and the house is tidier

Try looking in the local paper. If you get no joy go to your local vets and there should be a pet sitter advertising there. Most of these will water plants, collect mail and walk the dogs etc.... You should be looking at about $17 a day
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

In my job at the Uni we get people looking for house sitters quite often. Perhaps try the local Uni's? It wont cost you anything to advertise, you can ask pretty much for what you want....including references. Dont forget you get alot of Mature Aged students if you didnt feel comfortable with someone younger...just thought it might be another option for you
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:12 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Do you know any expats at school/ work etc?

We have lots of friends who are often asking for a place for friends/ rellies to stay when they come over to Oz to visit (that way they don't have to have them living in their back pockets in their house!)

You would find that they wouldn't charge and especially if it's someone you knows parents etc, they would only use a few rooms!

Wish I could send my mother-in-law!

LJJ
Old Nov 8th 2005, 8:19 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Have you tried LOGAN or whatever his forum name is, he offers petsitting in Brisbane, and may well know of recommendees for sydney and other cities.

Isnt there a site petsitters.com ?

Steve