Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House selling vs Visa wait?????

House selling vs Visa wait?????

Old May 6th 2004, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House selling vs Visa wait?????

Well the passprts went off today to have visa put in....House is on the market and i have a sneaky feeling the house selling is gonna be much more of an ordeal than the visa wait....Views ,Ways to get through more waiting etc...please.....LOL

Cheers Scott
Old May 6th 2004, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

cheers!
Old May 6th 2004, 8:27 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by scottalison6
cheers!

The way I feel at the mo..... have to say house sellin.....

we have had our visa since 31st march...... house been on the market since last nov..... and todate no offers!!!!!

love boom
xx
Old May 6th 2004, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

The Thorpes is on a distinguished road
Default Re: House selling vs Visa wait?????

Can't help you with ways to get through the waiting, I'm afraid. We put our house on the market two weeks ago, only had two couples around, one said it was too big, the others said it was too small. Can't win and its driving me MAD already!! Have to say I'm not renowned for my patience, but this is ten times worse than waiting for our visa. That came through quick anyway because it was a business visa but at least I knew that one way or another we'd get an answer, this is really hard, there just doesn't seem to be anyone out there and it probably doesn't help that we live in a little village, there is quite a few houses that have been up for sale for best part of a year .

Congratulations on getting your visas anyway, I'm sure we'll all get there eventually!!

Sam
Old May 6th 2004, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Ange W is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say house selling - its a nightmare. Took us 17 months for the visa from the date it went of, 16 months for the house to go through (contracts signed yesterday)...... and a lot of people backing out on exchange day - very frustrating - I feel for you. All I can say is try to stay calm, not that I have done much of that!! If it is meant to be it will happen, and 3 1/2 years later its happened for us. Now the rush!!! Best of luck Ange
Old May 6th 2004, 8:40 pm
mark,abbi,tia & max

mark warner is an unknown quantity at this point

definately the house we eventually had the exchange of contracts today (a week late)i can now sleep tonite,its the solicitors that make it all seem such a pain nothing is of any importance to them,keep your chin up
mark
Old May 6th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point

we felt the house sale was the worst as you have people pulling out or putting in silly offers

have to hang in there scott and have plan b ready if you need to then if plan a comes to fruition then its a bonus

arlene
Old May 6th 2004, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: House selling vs Visa wait?????

Scott selling the house is a nightmare! i know only too well, i work for an estate agents although i am only a SECRETARY!!!! i've been so frustrated that i've put ours on with the agents next door as well! Definately selling the house is the worse bit, wish we'd put it on the market sooner but hey hindsight is a marvellous thing!
ways to get through it?!?!!? like Arlene said have a back up plan!
best of luck
Rach x
Old May 6th 2004, 9:50 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

*puts his fingers in his ears* i'm not listening... larrddddeeeddarrrrdeeedarrrrr.... my house will sell within the first week to a first time buyer paying cash..... :scared: