Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House selling...P**S Takers!!!!

House selling...P**S Takers!!!!

Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House selling...P**S Takers!!!!

Why oh why do people take the piss with shite offers????House is up for £162500..Some jokers offers 150K..and then ups to 153...Must think we are nuts!!!!(House is 3 bed semi,good area,new kitchen bathroom and conservatory!!)IDIOTS!!!!

Rant over!!

Scott
Old Jun 13th 2004, 12:43 pm
WBB

Default Re: House selling...P**S Takers!!!!

Originally posted by scottalison6
Why oh why do people take the piss with shite offers????House is up for £162500..Some jokers offers 150K..and then ups to 153...Must think we are nuts!!!!(House is 3 bed semi,good area,new kitchen bathroom and conservatory!!)IDIOTS!!!!

Rant over!!

Scott
you should always allow at least 5% for negotiation.

if you wanted to actually get £162.5K i would of asked £170K +

but don't worry, you will get there in the end.

good luck.

Old Jun 13th 2004, 1:29 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Rant over!!

Scott
Our prob with the house sale is......it sells noprobs but peeps r tellin lies saying that there house is sold, then coming to us couple weeks later saying they canny get theirs sold....no that is starting to piss me off

Good Luck
Old Jun 13th 2004, 1:38 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah they really take the piss.
One woman supposedly with no chain, put in 3 offers eventually going a grand over what we were asking.
Well we snapped her hand off, only to be told that HER HOUSE wasn't on the market till the following week.
What a cow !
That REALLY makes my blood boil :scared:
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:22 pm
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

we think our "buyers" take the biscuit, or the p**s, whichever.

We agreed in February, and took the house of the market as requested to show good faith.

Turns out our "buyers" didnt have any money whatever without remortgaging thier current place. They want ours as a rental property. They are not willing to remortgage theirs untill the end of june, otherwise they incur a massive penalty from their building society.

Needless to say, they are desperate for us to keep our house off the market.. we put it back on two weeks ago.

I HOPE someone makes us an offer.. I do not want these "people of good faith" to get our home.
Old Jun 13th 2004, 2:57 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Rant over!!

Scott
I know the feeling Scott.....

Of the 2 viewings I've had.....one bloke stood in my house and told me he was looking to spend a max of 20k below my asking price!!!!! ........needless to say I was very polite and I resisted the urge to stick my big toe up his ar*e.

Good luck Scott.....hope you get a buyer soon!

Petra
Old Jun 13th 2004, 3:31 pm
mickj

LOL......

Originally posted by artep
I know the feeling Scott.....

Of the 2 viewings I've had.....one bloke stood in my house and told me he was looking to spend a max of 20k below my asking price!!!!! ........needless to say I was very polite and I resisted the urge to stick my big toe up his ar*e.

Good luck Scott.....hope you get a buyer soon!

Petra

Old Jun 13th 2004, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

After many ups and downs over the last couple of weeks with the famous esate agent, they didnt turn up for my friday viewing.

Super saleswoman Sandra to the rescue... I take the viewer round telling her how wonderful my house is and why she should put in an offer.
We get to the loft room, when the estate agent finally turns up, (caught in traffic) and takes over.
ten minutes later down they come..Mrs Bloggs really wants to come back for another viewing tommorrow. is that okay.
Fine said me. Okay we will ring you in the morning......and.....guess what..........I am still sitting by the phone!!!!!
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

scottalison6 is an unknown quantity at this point

well sorted it!!!!2nd viewing from another couple and we are doing a private sale for 1k under asking so that pisses on "don unpleasence." condescending load of toss..T**T!!

Well chuffed..they are renting...agreed to our date and have a prov morgage in place!!!

Roll on sept 3rd!!!

Scott

Ps cheers for the other constructive comments...
Old Jun 13th 2004, 6:39 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

well sorted it!!!!2nd viewing from another couple and we are doing a private sale for 1k under asking so that pisses on "don unpleasence." condescending load of toss..T**T!!

Well chuffed..they are renting...agreed to our date and have a prov morgage in place!!!

Roll on sept 3rd!!!

Scott

Ps cheers for the other constructive comments...
Good on ya matey
Keep ur fingers crossed for us, we hear tomorro if a couple who viewed on Thursday want our house, they are also in rented and can move asap
Leave 2 weeks tomorro so everything cant go thro by then but it can be well on the way