Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House selling and Liars damm liars

House selling and Liars damm liars

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Default House selling and Liars damm liars

Sick to the back teeth at the moment is not the even close to the feeling, our house has now been on the market for 2 weeks 3 days in that time we have had up to and including today 17 viewings and one offer and one note of interest, we had a full survey done on Monday.

Cool you may say, but on the feedback from the Estate agents, most of them cannot afford it or say it is too much ........

WHY BOTHER LOOKING !!!! If I see them, I shall say to them don't waste my time on a Friday evening when I could have been out, with my hubby.

I think I shall ask for a compulsory showing off money in suitcase before entering, the pulp fiction way

:

I think what is even worse is those people who tell you that they are going to get a survey done they love it and will be down the bank next week, only to see them vanish in a cloud and hay ball western style.

DON'T LIE TO ME. We had a lovely couple round really excited about it, I knew the usual, Oh it's great, just what where looking for (yawn yawn) I have heard this all before, while hubby is taking it all in, and it amazing how exciting it gets, you kind of catch the excitement. But not me anymore, I am stroking my long imaginary beard as they are talking these days, letting it go in one ear out of the other.

I know there will be loads of you in the same boat, I JUST NEEDED TO OFF LOAD as people keep telling me to be patient that is something I am not.

Thanks for listening and sharing I have another viewing at 2.15pm and you will see me glazed over thinking of a nice glass of wine
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

sydneybound is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry

I FEEL your pain, can I join your Frustration club please ?

House on market 4 weeks, 10 viewings, 2 '2nd' viewings, no bloody offers. Have just gone down by 5k, I never thought selling my lovely house was going to be the bottleneck in this process.

Has anyone any experience of selling a property @ an auction ? Presumably you can specify a reserve price ?
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 12:35 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: House selling and Liars damm liars

Originally posted by Carrianne
Sick to the back teeth at the moment is not the even close to the feeling, our house has now been on the market for 2 weeks 3 days in that time we have had up to and including today 17 viewings and one offer and one note of interest, we had a full survey done on Monday.

Cool you may say, but on the feedback from the Estate agents, most of them cannot afford it or say it is too much ........

WHY BOTHER LOOKING !!!! If I see them, I shall say to them don't waste my time on a Friday evening when I could have been out, with my hubby.

I think I shall ask for a compulsory showing off money in suitcase before entering, the pulp fiction way

:

I think what is even worse is those people who tell you that they are going to get a survey done they love it and will be down the bank next week, only to see them vanish in a cloud and hay ball western style.

DON'T LIE TO ME. We had a lovely couple round really excited about it, I knew the usual, Oh it's great, just what where looking for (yawn yawn) I have heard this all before, while hubby is taking it all in, and it amazing how exciting it gets, you kind of catch the excitement. But not me anymore, I am stroking my long imaginary beard as they are talking these days, letting it go in one ear out of the other.

I know there will be loads of you in the same boat, I JUST NEEDED TO OFF LOAD as people keep telling me to be patient that is something I am not.

Thanks for listening and sharing I have another viewing at 2.15pm and you will see me glazed over thinking of a nice glass of wine
In Aus, the agents insist that vendors stay away during inspections. Never met a house owner who was anything but a sales liability. Your agent is surposed to be selling your house for you not bringing customers to be entertained by you. Make sense?
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

Sydneybound we have had one 2nd viewing the guy who jas done the survey the offer came from someone who only viewed it once.

Meglamania, understand totally but I need to see what they are saying, I suppose I am a control freak, I just wish people where honest, I tell it like it is (if you knew me) so you always know where you stand, just now I will never trust human beings again.

Homo - sapiens can bugger off
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We know exactly what you mean. It has nearly drove me round the bend.
I read a post fron you just as you were putting the house on the market (at the time, our most hellest) and thought, 'mmm, Carriane will be next'.
Don't think any of us has had an easy time of it. The house market has become quite nasty in the last couple of years. Wouldn't like to have to do it again here.
Hope all goes well for you Carrianne, and that you feel better for getting it off your chest.
Keep us posted.

We are just sitting here now (since Tuesdays survey) to see if our lovely buyers still want it. I'll keep you posted.

Whisky
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrianne

you just got to hang in there, the people who will buy it will be the ones you least expect.

We had a couple who were so full of it and it was there dream home etc. We later found they said the same about a few houses they looked at. !!

The next couple came round the day after and we were so fed up we didnt even bother to clear up properly, they bought it. !!

Good luck it will happen.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

ellen fedulow is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
i too had a lot of time wasters then all of a sudden i had three couples fighting over it! of course without being greedy i took the best offer, that was three weeks ago and they have since had a survey done and we are looking to complete mid October. As some of you know i'm not even starting the visa process till Jan o4 (139) and i will have to rent till i leave uk, but i am glad i have sold now (almost) i would hate to have gone through it with a visa in my hand!
hold on all you sellers, i m sure you will have good news soon.

ellen1
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Orry to hear your awful tales. Buyers are full of it and you really can't tell if they are good or bad.

The only consolation I can say to you is at least you are selling under the Scottish system. Once you do get a buyer and they sign, it will definitely go through. Think of us poor sods in England who are left worrying for weeks even after we have supposedly sold it!

Best of luck for today!

Tina - I am now a quivering nervous wreck, as I am worrying so much about buyers pulling out.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 2:44 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point

We've had our completion date moved back by about 2 weeks as the mortgage of the first people in the chain is taking longer to go through than expected. We already booked PSS as they couldn't hold dates open for us for long and we are now faced with completing on the house up to 2 weeks after the packers come.

I'm just grateful that it's still going through. Hope to exchange contracts late next week and then I'll breathe a sigh of relief. An empty house for 2 weeks I can put up with as long as the sale goes through OK!

Keeping everything crossed for us all...
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:25 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all
Default Re: House selling and Liars damm liars

Originally posted by Carrianne

:

2 weeks, three days eh? What about hours minutes & secs?

During these 17 veiwings have you always been there? If you have I suspect there may be a correlation here.

Getting them in a headlock and agreeing to buy is not the way to go. Have you considered they might leg it when you eventually let them out the door?(I remember you saying that you are not the shrinking violet type).

No I suggest that every time you get a veiwing you go down the pub, and when your husband tells you its not sold you can beat up on him. I pity your poor viewers.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 3:28 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Hang on. It took me 18 months to sell my UK flat. What's this about expecting to sell it in 2 weeks?

You should definitely change your expectations and that might help the stress level.

Try 3-5 months as a reasonable start-completion minimum these days.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 4:59 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

our neighbours are still buying our house and said they wanted it at the end of february!!!!!!..5 1/2 months ago....:scared:

its seemed to take forever and a day to get this close to completion because there are 4 houses 5 families in the chain now......

and we still dont have a definite date..but maybe the 5th sept!!!!
havent phoned the shippers to give em a date yet but we're going to on monday even if we havent got a definite completion date and we will camp in the house with the things that we arent shipping!!!!!!...beg borrow and steel if necessary!!!!knives forks etc...

so yes carrianne i do know how you feel but 2 weeks really isnt a long time chuck!!!...be patient and enjoy the rollercoaster ride!!! (arrgghh)

were flying on 18th september anyway...so here's hoping its sorted!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:29 pm
plumber39

over 12 month's on the market and still waiting for genuine person to make an offer!!!!!! so frustrating but still live in hope!

plumber.

Old Aug 22nd 2003, 5:49 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Buyer's market these days, not seller's.
Old Aug 22nd 2003, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

S/pick is an unknown quantity at this point

Carrianne, do what I did go the estate agent in person and slightly aggressive (only slightly). Tell them only send people who can afford it and anymore time wasters ,sent by them will lose them the business of your sale. We done this and surprise surprise they stopped sending idiots. Also maybe go one with another agent but at the same time negotiate a lower fee maybe if it's 2% go to 1.75 with both agents. My friend who's an estate said money is money and business is business and only a stupid agent would say no.

Give a try you have nothing to lose but don't drop the price. If properties are selling that are in the same area, similar and roundabout the same money. I would stick to your price we did and 6 days later got the full asking price . If you have a lovely house and it's worth money someone purchase it.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.