Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Sales Data

House Sales Data

Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:20 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default House Sales Data

Are there any Australian websites which give you details of prices that houses were sold for like www.nethouseprices.com ?

I know about the homebuyers reports but you have to pay for them, and I'm tight .

Jane
Old Oct 12th 2006, 4:46 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Sales Data

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Are there any Australian websites which give you details of prices that houses were sold for like www.nethouseprices.com ?

I know about the homebuyers reports but you have to pay for them, and I'm tight .

Jane
www.domain.com.au will tell you what houses have sold in the past week or so with prices.

But I've been unable to find a website with house sales on it with the prices, which is free. Some estate agents put recent sales on their websites, but not all of them include what they went for. I've resorted to scanning the sites of the real estate agents that do post prices, and looking at back copies of the Sydney Morning Herald's property section - which lists the weekly auctions and private treaty sales - at the library. Although even this doesn't have all the sales, and some purchases have their price witheld.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 5:15 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

http://allhomes.com.au

is a free prices site (agents HATE it!) but it only covers ACT, Illawarra and a few others IIRC although it is expanding.

Used it a lot while house hunting - it gives the selling histories going back about 10 years.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:02 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wol
http://allhomes.com.au

is a free prices site (agents HATE it!) but it only covers ACT, Illawarra and a few others IIRC although it is expanding.

Used it a lot while house hunting - it gives the selling histories going back about 10 years.
Oh, I'd love to hear of one like that for Victoria.

LJJ
Old Oct 12th 2006, 9:09 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chels
www.domain.com.au will tell you what houses have sold in the past week or so with prices.

But I've been unable to find a website with house sales on it with the prices, which is free. Some estate agents put recent sales on their websites, but not all of them include what they went for. I've resorted to scanning the sites of the real estate agents that do post prices, and looking at back copies of the Sydney Morning Herald's property section - which lists the weekly auctions and private treaty sales - at the library. Although even this doesn't have all the sales, and some purchases have their price witheld.
I need to know specific figures so it looks like I'll have to bite the bullet and pay the $60 for the report.

Thanks for all replies,
Jane
Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:10 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

Also try what price my house