Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House sale fell through today

House sale fell through today

Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Unhappy House sale fell through today

After two years of this migrating lark we could finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.That went out of the window when the estate agent phoned today to give us the top news that the couple who are buying our house have pulled out.
I was about to organise the shipping and flights for Aug/Sep now i don,t know what to think.I felt we were lucky to sell as there are so many houses up for sale in our area.
I feel a bit more positive about it all than i did at 10 this morning so hopefully a few and a good nights sleep and i,ll be getting back to normal,you know wishing the agent is going to ring with a viewer the wife run ragged keeping on top of the house.

sorry to moan dave
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:32 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House sale fell through today

Dont ever be sorry to moan Dave!!!

Dont know what else to say except hang in there, you WILL sell your house and before long the dream will be a reality.

Will send some k although I fear I may be sending blanks
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:40 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy dave
After two years of this migrating lark we could finally see some light at the end of the tunnel.That went out of the window when the estate agent phoned today to give us the top news that the couple who are buying our house have pulled out.
I was about to organise the shipping and flights for Aug/Sep now i don,t know what to think.I felt we were lucky to sell as there are so many houses up for sale in our area.
I feel a bit more positive about it all than i did at 10 this morning so hopefully a few and a good nights sleep and i,ll be getting back to normal,you know wishing the agent is going to ring with a viewer the wife run ragged keeping on top of the house.

sorry to moan dave
No need to apologise and you're not moaning. What an absolute bugger. Nothing I can say will make things any better, just hang in there....just a bit of a setback is all. It'll make your arrival in Oz all the more sweeter.

D D
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Awww, Dave... bummer. Sorry mate. Spose better to find out now than the day of completion. Hope you get another one soon.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:59 pm
Dexter

Dexter has a spectacular aura aboutDexter has a spectacular aura aboutDexter has a spectacular aura about

Sorry to hear about your house Dave. Our house sale has fallen through twice now, but we have waited so long for our visa that we have decided to go anyway. We are going to be completely skint until the house has sold but i am sure we will manage somehow.

Craig
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:40 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG im so sorry, a worst nightmare for us all.................. pick yourself up, spruce your house up and get it back on the market, if its meant too be.........it will be..............hang on in there

amanda
Old Jun 14th 2005, 7:43 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to moan dave
Oh dear, you moan away Dave, that is a realy bummer.
Losing our buyer now would bring me to the end of my tether.
Hope you get a buyer very very soon!
Sharon
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:11 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

sorry to moan dave
Moan away Dave, you have every right. What you've just been through is our biggest nightmare, we won't allow ourselves to get excited just in case our buyers do exactly what yours have done. House buyers are gits and there should be some law against them pulling out at last minute.
Fingers crossed that you get another buyer real soon.
Best wishes to you and yours, will send you some k.
Sarah
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:13 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sorry Dave, can't give you any k, says I have to spread before giving to you again. I'll try again soon.
Sarah
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to moan dave
Sorry about the bad news Dave. Hope you get another buyer soon. Have a few more beers and try to think positive tomorrow
Tracey
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Thanks everyone for the support fingers croosed it will be a mere hiccup.The estate agent could,nt get any straight answers out of the couple although she said she did,nt want to push them as the guy sounded very upset.
Me being me i thought i can,t just let that be the end of it so i went round to their house this evening to see why they,ve ruined or plans.
The lady came to the door and it was obvious she had been crying and after saying how sorry they were she went on to tell me how she had lost her job the day before.She was up for a new contract and the knockback was completly out of the blue.She was really sorry again and then i left the pair of us looking as glum as each other.
House selling eh give me another visa wait any day.Also how many times on expats have we seen that getting there is the easy bit it,s the settling thats the real nightmare,bloody hell i can,t wait for that.

cheers dave
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough

Dave, So sorry for you both. Just when things were starting to work out for you both as well. At least you have made your decision on Perth now, you can focus on what you'll all be doing when you settle. I wish I could help in some way, so gutted for you both. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

sun bums is on a distinguished road

Sorry about the house falling through mate. Same thing happend to us about 3 weeks ago. Even had a letter from the solicitor asking if the end of June for completion was ok, 4 hours before they called to say the buyers had pulled out.
We have a second viewing tomorrow night though and another second viewing next week so fingers crossed that you can get the same kind of pick me up that we have had.
As my boss told me when he said that I'll have to go at the end of July regardless whether I've sold my house or not, 'you'll be laughing about this next year when you're on the beach'.
(I did'nt find him amusing at the time).
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:03 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to moan dave
well gutted for you dave and no need to apologise. we`ve also been in the process for over 2 years(jan 2003 to be precise) and are going through the motions of getting shipping quotes,prices of flights,pensions sorted out so we can fly at the end of August.
But i can`t do a thing until i`m out of this house!we are under offer at the mo but all i can think about is it falling through! we `ve had the survey,we`ve had the search and now they are having another survey,
why i don`t know but they are which justs sends my paranoia into overdrive.
sorry to waffle but need to get it off my chest this house selling business is the worst part of the last 2 and a half years by a MILE
Old Jun 14th 2005, 9:39 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to moan dave
OMG no it can't be true.....

Listen mate pick yourself back up and keep thinking positive.
There will be others and they will come with more money too.
Try not to worry about it too much and tell Sam to have a week off cleaning.

Take care and see you soon
Ang

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.