Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Sale Falling Through?

House Sale Falling Through?

Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:51 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice
Angry House Sale Falling Through?

I don't know how much more of this i can take, yet again we haven't exchanged contract and yet again the bottom of the chain is stalling. Apparently now he paid his deposit by personal cheque and we have to wait till next Wed till it clears to be able to exchange. We keep being promised dates and then nothing. I feel sick and can't function as if it isn't all completed by next Friday then my buyers mortgage offer runs out and that's the end of it.

All our stuff went on 15th July so how the hell do i show the house again half empty and we are still managing on airbed and the kids haven't got any of there toys etc so are climbing the walls. I'm looking now at borrowing enough to start off with and just pray to god that we sell the house again fairly soon.

Anyway if anyone has done the same and managed then please let me know as I'm out of my head with worry over it all.

It will be lot of these tonight.

Michelle
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:52 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Sale Falling Through?

What kind of donut pays their deposit by personal cheque?

I thought it had to be done by electronic transfer?

Sending you some k... enjoy your
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:55 pm
Living our dream!!

fozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nicefozzie is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridiej
What kind of donut pays their deposit by personal cheque?

I thought it had to be done by electronic transfer?

Sending you some k... enjoy your
Thanks bridiej, exactly what I said but not in those exact words

I can't beleive there solicitor let them.

Michelle
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:57 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

keeping everything crossed for you, hope it all works out in the end.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:00 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

you poor things, i bet you are climbing the walls arent you?
i dont really know what to suggest - ive also never heard of anyone paying with a personal cheque!!

if i had some furniture to lend you i would drive over to derbyshire with it!!

hope it clears okay, and that everything moves along for you
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

we got messed around big time & had loadsa aggro - despite stipulating exchange & completion dates we were totally ignored - & the others just got on with what they wanted
in the end we had to leave without even exchanging - it was really nervewracking but we decided that we would not let it spoil the beginning of our new life together - so we decided that from the moment we left our old house to the time we arrived in our rental - 3 weeks later we would not think about it or contact anyone - quite funny cos the solicitors in the uk were trying to contact us & we coudnt be contacted!!

it turned out good - the first we knew about it was a letter from the solicitor

im glad we didnt let it spoil our first precious momentsin australia together anyway just thought id let you know

ttfn

pootle26
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:14 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fozzie
I don't know how much more of this i can take, yet again we haven't exchanged contract and yet again the bottom of the chain is stalling. Apparently now he paid his deposit by personal cheque and we have to wait till next Wed till it clears to be able to exchange. We keep being promised dates and then nothing. I feel sick and can't function as if it isn't all completed by next Friday then my buyers mortgage offer runs out and that's the end of it.

All our stuff went on 15th July so how the hell do i show the house again half empty and we are still managing on airbed and the kids haven't got any of there toys etc so are climbing the walls. I'm looking now at borrowing enough to start off with and just pray to god that we sell the house again fairly soon.

Anyway if anyone has done the same and managed then please let me know as I'm out of my head with worry over it all.

Michelle
We are going through similar worries, though to the best of my knowledge it is the solicitors letting us down (but I can't help worry that it is a real problem with the chain) so I know what you are going through.

It got so bad yesterday I felt physically sick.

Sent you karma also.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

storerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of lightstorerg is a glorious beacon of light

I know how you fell my sales fell through twice, third time lucky I exchanged this morning.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really niceAus4us is just really nice

Hope it all works out!!

Sending you some K!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Michelle
oh christ. all i can do is send some K. hope it works out
Old Aug 18th 2005, 3:40 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Michelle
Sorry to read the trouble you are having Michelle. Haven't gone that far down that road yet so I don't know how you feel but I am really sorry for you. Hope everything gets sorted asap and you get completion by next Friday.

Anne
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Michelle
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Its not unusual for buyers to send their deposit to the solicitor by personal cheque, if fact I've not yet had a solicitor for anything that has given me their bank details to pay them via BACS or CHAPS, I think they prefer cheques as they can acount for their arrival, banking and subsequent clearance. If anything the problem has been that they buyer has not wanted to give the solicitor the money until they know it was all sorted OK as they will lose out on interest while its sitting in the solicitors account and the solicitor hasn't reminded the buyer about the cheque until the last minute.

Also mortgage offers can normally be extended very easily especially if you've exchanged, I remember a friend having to extend hers a number of times while problems with the lease on the flat she was buying was resolved.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 9:30 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle
Personal cheque, your kidding. For such a large amount of money, you would think they would insist on an automatic transfer.

Keep positive Michelle. Sending some supportive K.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

james the cat will become famous soon enoughjames the cat will become famous soon enough

Michelle
We had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago, the bottom of the chain delayed exchanging contracts every week for 9 weeks - during which time we had both handed in our notice on our jobs. I was getting so stressed with it, I ended up giving an ultimatum that if the contracts werent exchanged by friday I would pull out. I didn't want to ultimatum them as I was worried what would happen, but decided that if they seriously wanted the house they would pressure everyone below them in the chain, and if they werent serious they would pull out anyway. On Friday I was told that the bottom of the chain had come in with a personal cheque. I held my nerve and said they had until the end of the day to sort something out or i was pulling out- the estate agent got back to me an hour later and said they would exchange without a deposit. I accepted this and I have now moved out of my house.
Have you considered telling them to exchange without a deposit - my brother is a solicitor and said that the deposit doesn't make any real difference from his experience - so if the problem is just waiting for a cheque to clear, you can still exchange immediately anyway. I also found I got much more done by hassling my estate agent every day rather than solicitors who take a week to do anything.
Anyway - I hope it works out (it always does) as I know how stressful it is,
James and Cat
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:58 pm
Sydney- North Shore

jjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant futurejjonboy has a brilliant future

Michelle
Don't worry too much about your buyers mortgage than can easyily be refreshed/ renewed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.