House sale - Advice please

Wikiposts

House sale - Advice please

Old Feb 5th 2006, 5:29 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: House sale - Advice please

Originally Posted by brisnick
this is so wrong it's untrue.
It may be morally wrong, but it appears to be 100% Legal in England.

Old Feb 5th 2006, 5:44 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yep its 100% legal in England but I feel you have to draw the line somewhere and dont do to others that you wouldnt want doing to yourself.

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Old Feb 5th 2006, 5:45 pm
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

good point. but then everyone should stop whinging when people pull out days before exchange. that's also legal in england.

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:22 am
Forum Regular

Pete-danns is on a distinguished road

don't become an a**ehole yourself.
An asshole with an extra £25k ?!?!

Yup, what an asshole eh! ...
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:26 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pete-danns
An asshole with an extra £25k ?!?!

Yup, what an asshole eh! ...
Spot-on!!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I keep it with..."treat people the way you would liked to be treated"..
I hope nobody will ever pull that one on you.
Only because it is legal, does not make it is right.
Nobody forced you to take that offer, does you agreement mean nothing to you?

Sorry, but thats what I think about it
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

Pete-danns is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I keep it with..."treat people the way you would liked to be treated"..
I hope nobody will ever pull that one on you.
To be honest I lost a previous property for exactly these reasons!

Doesn't make it right I know, but sorry, a possible £25k extra I don't see anyone turning them away!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pete-danns
To be honest I lost a previous property for exactly these reasons!

Doesn't make it right I know, but sorry, a possible £25k extra I don't see anyone turning them away!
Thats between you and your conscience.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

hawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of lighthawk2005 is a glorious beacon of light

What goes around comes around - how would you like to have the rug pulled from under your feet when you get to Oz & you've made an offer on a house and the greedy seller wriggles out of it leaving you in the lurch.

Do you want to start a new life in Oz with all that bad karma following you.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

this is so wrong it's untrue. you accepted the lower offer. it was obviously good enough for you at the time. if it wasn't good enough then you shouldn't have accepted it.

just because there are some a**sholes out there who would pull out of a deal at the last minute doesn't give you the right to mess about with other peoples lives.

the people who you have already accepted the offer might be the nicest people in the world, looking so forward to moving into their new house, and you are going to destroy their dreams.

i hope that if you go for the higher offer at this stage that they pull out the day before exchange and leave you with what you would deserve..... nothing.

i'm afraid i have to agree, although very tempting, you are going to shatter someones dream!

money isnt everthing and as said before, you were happyy with their offer when you accepted
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:05 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

of course £25K is 'too good to turn down' but if you are going to do it, then be honest and open. tell the others you've had the higher offer, and are going to accept it, but pay their costs to-date.

it really riles me that on one hand people are bitching when people pull out of a deal when it's bad for them, but think it's ok to pull out of a deal themselves, which is so two-faced and one hell of a contradiction.

thankfully i won't have to worry about it because i'll never be able to afford a house in australia - but if the slim chance that i do, i won't have to deal with a system as stupid as the english one!
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

of course £25K is 'too good to turn down' but if you are going to do it, then be honest and open. tell the others you've had the higher offer, and are going to accept it, but pay their costs to-date.
I think this would be the fairest way. You will still be quids in but not so hard on your conscience. It is legal unfortunately and until the law changes this will happen.

If you do agree to go with the new people, you must get a contract signed immediately by them and ask them to give you an immediate deposit (Rob Morton Jones did this - check it out with him.) Would hate for you to accept the new one then get clobbered yourself and still be there in six months time.

Take care.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:33 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

this is so wrong it's untrue. you accepted the lower offer. it was obviously good enough for you at the time. if it wasn't good enough then you shouldn't have accepted it.

just because there are some a**sholes out there who would pull out of a deal at the last minute doesn't give you the right to mess about with other peoples lives.

the people who you have already accepted the offer might be the nicest people in the world, looking so forward to moving into their new house, and you are going to destroy their dreams.

i hope that if you go for the higher offer at this stage that they pull out the day before exchange and leave you with what you would deserve..... nothing.

Our house sale fell thro 3 times and nobody gave a **** about us....house selling is a HARD game and thats the way it is I'm afraid. We were nicey nicey when selling our and got shit on 3 times...

Last edited by biggy; Feb 6th 2006 at 10:36 am.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:43 am
Drunken Aussie

and that makes it right to shit on other people?

Originally Posted by biggy
Our house sale fell thro 3 times and nobody gave a **** about us....house selling is a HARD game and thats the way it is I'm afraid. We were nicey nicey when selling our and got shit on 3 times...
Old Feb 6th 2006, 10:57 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

I would call it karma MP20 if they were?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Would hate for you to accept the new one then get clobbered yourself and still be there in six months time.

Take care.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.