House Sale.

Old Nov 17th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of
Question House Sale.

Hi All,

Just a quick one to say, today we put the house on the market !!!

We have received acknowledgement from DIAC but awaiting File Reference Number, we have explained all to our estate agent and told them that obviously if we receive an offer, all is pending on answer from Oz.

Are we being a little premature ?? We would like to think that we will have def answer by April, does this sound about right ?

Good news about it is, we have underestimated the value, £10,000 more !!!
This will come in very handy. Although we cannot guarantee we will get this for it, it's nice to know we may make more

OMG, how much money these people charge to sell your house is shocking, we have £2600,00 to shell out just to sell, :curse:

When do you think we should start the wheel moving properly, i.s selling items off etc, do you think we wait for the answer first ?

Any comments, as always, would be great !!

Thanks
Donna & Pete.

xx
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:37 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Sale.

Originally Posted by DEEDEE01
Hi All,

Just a quick one to say, today we put the house on the market !!!

We have received acknowledgement from DIAC but awaiting File Reference Number, we have explained all to our estate agent and told them that obviously if we receive an offer, all is pending on answer from Oz.

Are we being a little premature ?? We would like to think that we will have def answer by April, does this sound about right ?

Good news about it is, we have underestimated the value, £10,000 more !!!
This will come in very handy. Although we cannot guarantee we will get this for it, it's nice to know we may make more

OMG, how much money these people charge to sell your house is shocking, we have £2600,00 to shell out just to sell, :curse:

When do you think we should start the wheel moving properly, i.s selling items off etc, do you think we wait for the answer first ?

Any comments, as always, would be great !!

Thanks
Donna & Pete.

xx
Hi donna,
no I dont think you are being premature, but have you got anywhere to go?
we are also putting our house on the market next week, our meds are in oz, but I dont want to wait much longer. the waiting really gets to you doesnt it?
good luck
bec
Old Nov 17th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by egghead4
Hi donna,
we are also putting our house on the market next week, our meds are in oz, but I dont want to wait much longer. the waiting really gets to you doesnt it?
good luck
bec
Hiya Bec,

It does get you down, your not wrong there !!!

We have the option to go to my parents or the hubbies parents, so not too bad really, although the dog will have to go into kennels, unless I can persuade my mum to take him in aswell !!!!

We are haing to re-home our cats though, that isn't going to be easy, but if we do move soon, I will have to get things in motion for them

Where abouts are you off to ?

Donna.
x
Old Nov 17th 2007, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by egghead4
Hi donna,
good luck
bec
I think you are doing the right thing. It is coming up for Christmas now so will probably be slow at first, but things pick up at end of January/February. We have been stuck on the market since May now as things are dead round here. Just make sure you don't tell viewers your plans as some on here have experienced receiving silly offers or had the buyers ask for a big reduction just before exchange Also make it clear to your estate agent not to tell them either, ours lost our custom because of that!

Good luck
Old Nov 17th 2007, 9:57 pm
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

Hiya Bec,

It does get you down, your not wrong there !!!

We have the option to go to my parents or the hubbies parents, so not too bad really, although the dog will have to go into kennels, unless I can persuade my mum to take him in aswell !!!!

We are haing to re-home our cats though, that isn't going to be easy, but if we do move soon, I will have to get things in motion for them

Where abouts are you off to ?

Donna.
x
chris and I are hoping to settle on the sunshine coast. i just hope the house sells, I dont think we will have a problem as it is a beautiful house. we are also going to stay with my parents and save like mad
where are you heading/
bec
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TMRE
Just make sure you don't tell viewers your plans as some on here have experienced receiving silly offers or had the buyers ask for a big reduction just before exchange Also make it clear to your estate agent not to tell them either, ours lost our custom because of that!
You should decide for yourself if you think you should tell people. Personally we did and had one couple pull out the day after we accepted the offer as we told them we could not afford to move to Oz for a penny less than what we had agreed on, so if they tried to drop the price, at any stage, no matter what the survey said, the house would be back on the market. So for us it worked much better than not saying as we would have wasted months, and missed out on the buyer we now have. Our buyer's Mother told us they had to pull out as they couldn't afford the offer they had put in, 'as you won't drop the price.....' We had already refused the lower price they offered but they had been planning on that all long.
:curse:
I haven't heared of ANYONE selling their house around our way where the buyer hasn't tried to drop the price at some point, no matter what their reason for moving.

By the way, you are doing the right thing putting it on early. The market is slow and at least if you have sold you don't have the last minute panick of the house as well as everything else.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:37 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Think yourself lucky

To sell my place is gonna cost me about 50,000 inc stamp duty !!!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
You should decide for yourself if you think you should tell people. Personally we did and had one couple pull out the day after we accepted the offer as we told them we could not afford to move to Oz for a penny less than what we had agreed on, so if they tried to drop the price, at any stage, no matter what the survey said, the house would be back on the market. So for us it worked much better than not saying as we would have wasted months, and missed out on the buyer we now have. Our buyer's Mother told us they had to pull out as they couldn't afford the offer they had put in, 'as you won't drop the price.....' We had already refused the lower price they offered but they had been planning on that all long.
:curse:
I haven't heared of ANYONE selling their house around our way where the buyer hasn't tried to drop the price at some point, no matter what their reason for moving.

By the way, you are doing the right thing putting it on early. The market is slow and at least if you have sold you don't have the last minute panick of the house as well as everything else.
True I suppose, the thread about house selling in the barbie has a quite a few of horror stories about price drops and and being held to ransom over it, but never mind. One person I spoke to at the estate agent I was with had an offer £50k under asking price as buyer knew he was moving to OZ in 3 months. Not something he would have got if he hadn't told them(buyer told estate agent this thats why we changed). I am personally saying we are relocating due to work reasons, just not that is the other side of the world and we need to go. Estate agent and buyers are being told that we will rent if need. I don't know ANYONE round here that hasn't had to drop by a few thousand, but have seen one or 2 who show desperation have to take a £20-30k drop. All well and good if you can afford it as it's a buyers market at present.
Old Nov 18th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Think yourself lucky

To sell my place is gonna cost me about 50,000 inc stamp duty !!!
Stamp duty??? Am I missing something there? You pay stamp duty when you BUY, not sell.

We didn't tell any buyers we had a time limit, just that we were moving to Oz, and needed £xxx and would stay in the house rather than drop below that amount.
It is getting a bit tight with our buyer at the moment. We start a course on 4th Feb, but have not told our buyer that. He knows we are going to Oz and would LIKE to get there asap, but we haven't told him we have a time limit (to avoid last minute price drops). He said he wanted the house back in August and we have only just got as far as the solicitors!! We have told him we have booked the dog into quarenteen to try to speed him up, but that we would not book the flights until we have sold. It really is a pain in the bum!!