House Sale

Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

jo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant futurejo_west has a brilliant future
Default House Sale

Hi,

Nightmare of a day, we thought we sold our house 3 weeks ago, and today we get a call from our estate agent saying that the prospected buyers are now short of 2k, and can we now drop our price, has anyone has any experience of this, and surely there should be a law against it.

It's so annoying, looks like we will be going to aus with a house to be sold in the UK.

Nightmare.

Jo
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Sale

Originally Posted by jo_west
Hi,

Nightmare of a day, we thought we sold our house 3 weeks ago, and today we get a call from our estate agent saying that the prospected buyers are now short of 2k, and can we now drop our price, has anyone has any experience of this, and surely there should be a law against it.

It's so annoying, looks like we will be going to aus with a house to be sold in the UK.

Nightmare.

Jo
So sorry to hear this.
If they know you're desperate to sell they sometimes do this. They surly should have known before they put in their offer if they could afford it or not.
This happened to my dad selling my nan's house right at the last minute and as he needed the money he reduced the house. it all depends on how desperate you are. £2k would be a lot for us to drop but if you can afford it you will have to way up how much you want to get to Oz - £2k's worth??? If you can stick it out do it but it sucks I know!
Good luck on your decision. Thinking good thoughts for you.
Karen x
Old Aug 5th 2005, 8:15 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Nightmare.

Jo
You could always look at it this way - how many months would £2k add up to in mortgage payments if it didn't sell and remained empty. Although its not nice it may be better to drop the price.

Personally - I would insist on them exchanging near immediately tho to secure your position and make sure they cant back out. But then I can be grouchy that way
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

This was on one of those property chain programs although it was something like £10k.

Depends how much you want to sell. You could always offer to drop £1k if they can come up with the other £1k and exchange immediately.
Old Aug 5th 2005, 9:26 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

2k isn't a lot in the grand scheme of things (i know it is to some people). but like the other answer said, if you dont take this, who knows how long it will be b4 you get another offer, times by the monthly mortgage repayments?

see whether they will meet you half way first, if not i'd take it
Old Aug 5th 2005, 10:03 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Nightmare.

Jo
Jo, there's no law against it but there is a word, only it's abit too rude for me to repeat in public.

What is it with buyers at the moment - seem to be taking the absolute michael!

Nicky
Old Aug 5th 2005, 11:31 pm
Account Closed

eatstatic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Jo, there's no law against it but there is a word, only it's abit too rude for me to repeat in public.

Nicky
http://www.parkerchris.pwp.blueyonde...nvocation.html
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Alan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura aboutAlan & Sonia has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave

Nicky
We can't sell for one reason and another, have a 12 month renter coming round on Sunday, if all goes well we will be off 4 weeks later.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

jackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nicejackie/steve is just really nice
Angry Re: House Sale

Same thing happened to us,but they got there dad to come round and TOLD us that we needed to drop price £7000, as they no longer could afford it, the reason there dad came round was becauce they were on a two week holiday abroad!!!.we didn't even discuss it with them and just put it straight back on the market..this was about six years ago and we new it would sell again quickly,..Jackie.