Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House rental by the week - how to find?

House rental by the week - how to find?

Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:27 pm
I am not a troll!

Location: Yorkshire to Melbourne (2007) Melbourne to Sydney (2008) Here to stay!
earlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really nice
Default Short term house rental (by the week up to a month) - how to find?

We are relocating to Sydney from Melbourne and currently in a serviced apartment but have not found a rental house to move into. We dont want to rush into a place we don't like, so want to take our time. But serviced apartments are pricey!

Anyone know how we can find a furnished house to rent for a month or less? I know there are 3-month lets advertised on Domain etc but we don't need 3 months... We're looking at the upper north shore anywhere between Chatswood and Wahroonga

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by earlneath; Apr 1st 2008 at 11:38 pm. Reason: make more understandable
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Potato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to beholdPotato_potato is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: House rental by the week - how to find?

Finding a house around there on a short term basis is going to be hard and very exxy.

There are a few units though:

http://www.realholidays.com.au/cgi-b...&cat=&p=30&o=d
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 1:33 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you class as expensive but there are some pretty reasonable serviced apartments around Chatswood. We've just stayed in Saville Park Suites, 2 minutes from the station (it was rebranded "mantra" whilst we were there), but I know you can get cheaper - also ring them to negotiate a longer-term rate.
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

lorac is on a distinguished road

you can try http://melbourne.gumtree.com.au/ recommended by someone in the forum..

hope it helps..
Old Apr 2nd 2008, 4:48 am
I am not a troll!

Location: Yorkshire to Melbourne (2007) Melbourne to Sydney (2008) Here to stay!
earlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really niceearlneath is just really nice

Originally Posted by Seasider
Not sure what you class as expensive but there are some pretty reasonable serviced apartments around Chatswood. We've just stayed in Saville Park Suites, 2 minutes from the station (it was rebranded "mantra" whilst we were there), but I know you can get cheaper - also ring them to negotiate a longer-term rate.
Thanks - know it well have stayed there a few times already! Their rates can be all over the place between $200 and $450 for a 1-bed apartment depending on the day of the week and how busy they are. But I should see what I can negotiate.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 6:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

Short term is almost impossible to find via normal rental channels through REA's - try sites like stayz instead. Lots of examples in North Sydney:

http://www.stayz.com.au/accommodatio...y/north-sydney

Best of luck with it all