British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   House Prices in Adelaide (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/house-prices-adelaide-706312/)

beachlady Feb 21st 2011 4:37 pm

House Prices in Adelaide

I've been looking into the cost of living in Adelaide and it appears that the average house price is around $300,000. Was wondering if there are houses (1-2 bed) around the $250,000 mark in decent areas. Which areas should be avoided and which are considered average and more affordable? I've looked at realestate.com.au and most on there are around the $370,000 mark.

Thanks!

mr mover Feb 21st 2011 7:22 pm

Re: House Prices in Adelaide

Originally Posted by beachlady (Post 9191724)
I've been looking into the cost of living in Adelaide and it appears that the average house price is around $300,000. Was wondering if there are houses (1-2 bed) around the $250,000 mark in decent areas. Which areas should be avoided and which are considered average and more affordable? I've looked at realestate.com.au and most on there are around the $370,000 mark.

Thanks!

http://www.domain.com.au/

Try this site gives you a better insight to the Adelaide suburbs.............mm:thumbup:

DibDob Feb 22nd 2011 8:26 am

Originally Posted by beachlady (Post 9191724)

Thanks!

Hi :) You cannot buy a house in adelaide for $300000, $370000 is a price that is just about doo-able in the far northern and southern suburbs. Areas to avoid is in the beholder but if the prices are significantly cheaper in one area than the other there is usualy a reason ;) in metro adelaide the price of an average 3 bedroom house is around $450000

beachlady Feb 22nd 2011 9:51 am

How far are these suburbs from Adelaide, as in travelling time? At this point I have no ideas about areas but saw some properties in Adelaide for around the $300,000 mark, small, apartments. Think I saw some in the suburbs for around $270,000 mark.

Pomaladians Feb 22nd 2011 10:08 am

Hi, Ilive in the North East of Adelaide which is about a 20 min drive from the CBD. I have just looked on realestate.com for 2 bed houses and have found several in good areas under $250,000

beachlady Feb 22nd 2011 10:21 am

Thanks, yes that seems to be the figure I'm seeing as well. Any suburbs that you recommend, north, south, east? Beach areas are definitely out of my price range but I'm guessing they're much further out? In terms of rent I've seen 2-bed houses for an average of about $250/300 per week, does that seem accurate?

Pomaladians Feb 22nd 2011 10:50 am

Originally Posted by beachlady (Post 9193547)
Thanks, yes that seems to be the figure I'm seeing as well. Any suburbs that you recommend, north, south, east? Beach areas are definitely out of my price range but I'm guessing they're much further out? In terms of rent I've seen 2-bed houses for an average of about $250/300 per week, does that seem accurate?

Hi,
I live in the North East suburb of Redwood Park which is a lovely suburb, lots of trees and parks, a very good primary school and only 5 mins to Tea Tree Plaza, the North East big shopping centre. Nearby you have Tea Tree Gully, Wynn Vale, Modbury Heights, all good affordable suburbs (in my opinion). I cant really comment on North, South, East or West as I've never lived in any of these

Vash the Stampede Feb 22nd 2011 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by DibDob (Post 9193349)
Hi :) You cannot buy a house in adelaide for $300000

:confused:

Of course you can.

scotlandtooz Feb 26th 2011 11:30 am

All depends on what you consider a nice suburb. Couldn't buy a house for that in some of the 'posh' suburbs certainly. Could buy a two bed unit near the beach for that price however.