Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House may be going back on market

House may be going back on market

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Angry House may be going back on market

Bloody buyers after agreeing after the survey to have a tree surgeon come and check out a couple of trees they now want us to allow builders in so that they can get estimates for an extension.

I've told the wankers to to exchange straight away or the sale's off

Last edited by fraser; Jun 22nd 2005 at 1:44 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House may be going back on market

Oh no, hope you get it sorted Fraser.!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Bloody buyers after agreeing after the survey to have a tree surgeon come and check out a couple of trees they now want us to allow buildes in so that they can get estimates for an extension.

I've told the wankers to to exchange by straight away or the sale's off

Why do they need the builders to get estimates now. Does the sale depend on what the quotes are .

God, nothings ever straight forward is it?

Go sit in the garden, have a and chill out. Sending you some k.

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:46 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
Oh no, hope you get it sorted Fraser.!
Cheers mate, I can see what's coming

"our works going to cost 23k we only budgeted for 20 we want 3 off"

which will be after another 4 weeks after quotes have been written up ect
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

"our works going to cost 23k we only budgeted for 20 we want 3 off"

Nightmare

[/QUOTE]

Things aren't that bad yet are they?

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Why do they need the builders to get estimates now. Does the sale depend on what the quotes are .

God, nothings ever straight forward is it?

Go sit in the garden, have a and chill out. Sending you some k.

Tracey
They've already got the house at £12000 below the asking price as they want to knock the brand new toilet and bathroom into one and put in a new kitchen.

Then they had their survey done and said they're not worried about anythinf bar the tree which is sorted.

Then my solicitor gets a letter saying that I denied their builder access
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

They've already got the house at £12000 below the asking price as they want to knock the brand new toilet and bathroom into one and put in a new kitchen.

Then they had their survey done and said they're not worried about anythinf bar the tree which is sorted.

Then my solicitor gets a letter saying that I denied their builder access
OMG, what a pain in the ass. I hope it all gets sorted out for you soon.

Tracey
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by tracey.d
OMG, what a pain in the ass. I hope it all gets sorted out for you soon.

Tracey
Thanks Tracey I appreciate it
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 1:59 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Red face Re: House may be going back on market

Take a moment Fraser - when we bought the house we are in now we wanted to do loads to it. We got in all manner of builders, electricians, plumbers etc to give us quotes on home much stuff would cost because we wanted to build it into the mortgage, and we were impatient to get planning.... eventually the seller said "ENOUGH!" - obviously worried like you are that there would be implications for the sale. There really weren't going to be - but it clearly worried her so we stopped and waited until we moved in.

I really really really really really hope this is the case with your sellers... They must know they've got a good deal already, they like the house and who would really want to go back to the drawing board again??????

Just hope your ultimatum scares them and they exchange by the end of the week - I'm relying on your "good house sale story" to bolster my spirits for when we have to put ours on the market!
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:04 pm

I know where you're coming from Floss it's just that their initial negotiations involved knocking money of because they needed to knock down the bathroom wall even though I'd recently spent a small fortune and 2 weeks doing them up.

The women who liases at the estate agents then told them that they can have as many inspections as they like once contracts were exchanged, they then went to their solicitor and send we'd denied them access.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:04 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floss
I'm relying on your "good house sale story" to bolster my spirits for when we have to put ours on the market!
Me too. Fraser, you seem to be the only one having a smooth run, dont let us down now!

Seriously though, I hope it all works out.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Me too. Fraser, you seem to be the only one having a smooth run, dont let us down now!

Seriously though, I hope it all works out.

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 2:54 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Sorry to see you're having to put up with crap Fraser. Just a quick message sending you good thoughts. There is a major fault with our BT line at home and I can only access the internet at work

Suffering serious withdrawal from BE

Hope everything with the house is sorted by the next time I manage to log on.

Anne
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Sorry to see you're having to put up with crap Fraser. Just a quick message sending you good thoughts. There is a major fault with our BT line at home and I can only access the internet at work

Suffering serious withdrawal from BE

Hope everything with the house is sorted by the next time I manage to log on.

Anne

Thanks Anne.
The latest state of play, their solicitor says if we let in a builder tomorrow they gaurentee that they'll pay the deposit Friday and exchange Monday other wise they'll pull out.

What a load of bollocks if that was the case they'd just wait until after they exchanged
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 3:51 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Thanks Anne.
The latest state of play, their solicitor says if we let in a builder tomorrow they gaurentee that they'll pay the deposit Friday and exchange Monday other wise they'll pull out.

What a load of bollocks if that was the case they'd just wait until after they exchanged
What's a builder got to do with If they're waiting for a builder to come up with a quote then they'll be waiting for weeks, then that in turn means you waiting for weeks. It's a really difficult one I know cos on the one hand you want to tell them where to shove it and stop pi**ing about, yet on the other hand you don't want to lose the sale at this stage.

Feeling sorry for you mate. Try to send you some karma but I may not have been slap happy enough as I have not been able to got on much over the last couple of days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.