Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House on market, no visas

House on market, no visas

Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:32 pm
Brisbane here we come!

myedsore will become famous soon enoughmyedsore will become famous soon enough
Default House on market, no visas

We took the decision to put our house on the market before even getting our visas. My TRA took three weeks to come through and we hoping for a speedy visa application.
We thought it best to be positive and get the house sold and all the stress of worrying about that out of the way. We are planning to go to Brisbane say early next January (counting the days already). I rather fancy the Coomera / Upper Coomera area from what I have read we can't go wrong here, even just to start with.
We (my wife and son) have also emigrated from South Africa to Uk and have been here in UK for 10 years, it was nice at first but the cold days and drawn out winters are getting us down (along with the long work hours that seem to be the norm here in UK).
Wish us luck in selling our house quick, we will end up having to rent until we eventually leave. The idea is to stay here until our initial entry period is nearly up, that way we can pay off as many bills / debts as possible while we still earn a decent wage and don't have to eat into our house sale profits!
We would love to hear from others based in the Coomera / Upper Coomera area, who knows we may have you around next year to a barbie (with plenty booze and lots of dips in the pool!!!!)
(Feel better for telling someone all that, its very hard still being at work and not being able to tell a sole!)
Cheers
Mark
Old Jan 17th 2006, 12:41 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: House on market, no visas

Hi
where abouts in Notts are you?