House hunting

Old Apr 9th 2003, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default House hunting

Just sitting here browsing through colour brochure of properties in the Gold Coast thank to my brilliant Next courier who has just returned from holidaying over there.

I want to go tomorrow. No chance of any work being done today now and will be finding my dream home.

footie chick
Old Apr 9th 2003, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

mikenvonny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House hunting

Originally posted by footie chick
Just sitting here browsing through colour brochure of properties in the Gold Coast thank to my brilliant Next courier who has just returned from holidaying over there.

I want to go tomorrow. No chance of any work being done today now and will be finding my dream home.

footie chick
Hi footie chick,

My partner is due back from Brisbane shortly with video footage of show homes,arms full of brochures and most important what the place looks like. He fell in love with Australia the first time he visited there thanks to his job he gets to go there every year. His comments have been that it is fantastic hes like a child in a sweet shop so much choice, hes so excited. I carnt wait to watch the hours of footage.

Yvonne
B R I S B A N E B O U N D! everything crossed
Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mikenvonny
Hi footie chick,

My partner is due back from Brisbane shortly with video footage of show homes,arms full of brochures and most important what the place looks like. He fell in love with Australia the first time he visited there thanks to his job he gets to go there every year. His comments have been that it is fantastic hes like a child in a sweet shop so much choice, hes so excited. I carnt wait to watch the hours of footage.

Yvonne
B R I S B A N E B O U N D! everything crossed
Are you sure the man is in Brisbane?? I have never ever heard anybody in my life talk like this about a basically ordinary country town like this!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure he has not gone to the Hills of Hollywood, got lost and ended up in Brad and Jens new mansion?

What the heck is the video of????

My secretary, Born and bred Brissie girl has just fell off the desk laughing................. just going to help her up.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 7:19 am
Just Joined

burngreavejoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Dotty may think Brissie has been glamourised, but has she tried living in Burngreave, Sheffield........dusty, very hilly, run down estates, damp/cold weather continuiously, pot holes everywhere. Some roads have not been resurfaced since the Italian POW's did them in the war. No fresh fruit and veg shops to be seen. Give me Brissie anytime.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Here, here

footie chick
Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:18 pm
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest most grim run down towns in England ( especially the ones up North ) Scotland and Wales are never going to compare with the Australian Capitals. I guess thats why so many people from the UK are chasing the dream.
Unfortunately they are still the same people when they arrive there with the same problems all be it with sun and swimming Pools.
Old Apr 10th 2003, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Are you sure the man is in Brisbane?? I have never ever heard anybody in my life talk like this about a basically ordinary country town like this!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure he has not gone to the Hills of Hollywood, got lost and ended up in Brad and Jens new mansion?

What the heck is the video of????

My secretary, Born and bred Brissie girl has just fell off the desk laughing................. just going to help her up.
It just goes to show Dotty, its all about attitude, if you have a bad one, wherever you are will never be good enough!

England isn't bad, it has its ups and downs, and I am sure Australia is the same. Life is what you make it! Come on enjoy what you have today, tomorrow you'll be back in the UK and maybe you might miss what you had.

Jus a thought .....