Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house hold costs

house hold costs

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 11:47 am
MickyBhoy

mickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to allmickpower75 is a name known to all
Post house hold costs

Hi all me again

just trying to get my finances organsied
can anyone do a breakdown of costs of living for a 4 bed house.
morgage insurances medical cover gas electric and any other item you can think of as to give me a rough guide also its will be good to get an idea of a general weekly shopping bill for a family of four

Hope you can help

a breakdown for each item would be good

Perth / tapping area

cheers
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: house hold costs

Sent you a pm. Forgot to say in it that we are a family of 4.

Sarah
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:16 pm
Just Joined

boomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really niceboomerang- is just really nice

hi madchef - would you be able to pm me the info please?
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

ttp://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=522177
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=549476

and numerous others. Do a search on "household costs Perth"
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:50 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickpower75
Hi all me again

just trying to get my finances organsied
can anyone do a breakdown of costs of living for a 4 bed house.
morgage insurances medical cover gas electric and any other item you can think of as to give me a rough guide also its will be good to get an idea of a general weekly shopping bill for a family of four

Hope you can help

a breakdown for each item would be good

Perth / tapping area

cheers
Sent you PM with details.

Gina
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:08 am
Mikey82

Mike82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: house hold costs

Hi Madchef

Any chance you could pm the information to me? Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to beholdmad.chef is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I have pm'd you both, boomerang- and Mike82. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sarah
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Can you please pm me with a breakdown, sorry to be a nuisance. I'd really like to see what is spent where. We are a family of 2 young boys and 1 big boy (hubby) and me, with a cat coming with us too.

By the way whats all this about no Cadbury choclate over there???? Can I smuggle it in my container, like enough for a year??? lol. Serious chocoholic!

Thank you for any replies.

Jo x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jo,

They do have cadburys chocolate here, it just doesn't taste the same. It has a waxy taste to it.

I will pm you what I sent to the others.

Sarah.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

the_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nicethe_nanny_uk2 is just really nice

Thank you soooo much, this helps heaps.

Another thjing I'd like to know is do you have Sky Tv over there and is it much the same as in the UK?? can I get virtually the same channels, not that I'm a tv addict or anything,lol. Just may help to have normal programmes around me in first few wks, esp for the kids.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:51 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

ok this is what we pay so far

rent $270 a week
petrol $80 a week
food $110- 150 a week (more in first few weeks as build up cupboard stuff etc)
nursery fees $423 a fortnight (but will get $1300 tax rebate every 13 weeks)
car insurance X 2 $ 90 month
house insurance $45 month
foxtel $70 month
home phone $ 50 a month
mobiles $75 a month
internet $54 a month
gas ??? no idea yet
electric ?? no idea yet
water $0 as yet will pay water usage at end of year due to renting
Govern rates $ ) due to renting
pool guy $60 a month (hopefully)

not in cluded rego for 2 cars which will be due in jan, car maintenance, clothing, days out, hairdressing, car loan (own personal), eating out, alchohol etc .
based on 2 adults and one toddler and driving 45 mins each way to work each!
To be honest i dont think its much cheaper here, we get $48 a fortnight family assist. We were going to build a house but we have pulled out as when we sat down and worked it out we couldnt afford to do both, ie renting and pay mortgage on a house build. Cant say what mortgage prices are how longs a peice of string??? But when we looked a $250 k mortgage was around 2k a month repayments!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 3:55 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by the_nanny_uk2
Thank you soooo much, this helps heaps.

Another thjing I'd like to know is do you have Sky Tv over there and is it much the same as in the UK?? can I get virtually the same channels, not that I'm a tv addict or anything,lol. Just may help to have normal programmes around me in first few wks, esp for the kids.

they have foxtel which shows alot of english programmes but not as many as sky x