Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House finally sold, Brisbane in 10 weeks

Wikiposts

House finally sold, Brisbane in 10 weeks

Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of
Default Re: House finally sold, Brisbane in 10 weeks

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Traceys other half here (she is snoozing) we're in allesley park not far from you in earlsdon.

We plan on going to north brisbane, mango hill, strathpine that sort of area. Who did you choose to send the cat, as we have one cat to go as well.

just got to book my meds then we can submit our spouse visa application.

John
Hi John, After a lot of quotes, and research on here I decided to go with Golden Arrow shippers in Shropshire 01588680240. Cost £900
which gets her to Sydney Quarantine centre £300 aprox
I have then arranged to have her collected from there and delivered to our address in Brisbane £150 aprox
Total cost is more than our 3 flights, but what can you do eh?

If you want any info etc, just ask, ditto if you need a Brisbane postal address before you get there, no probs!
ie, to arrange the cats transfer and get her import cert, you need an OZ address.

nb We used excess baggage for shipping our goods out, def rec them, very good.

Its nice to be able to reciprocate and impart some knowledge after all this time using BEP as my source of info.

John
Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:20 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We are off to the Gold Coast (hopefully) on 27th May
Old Apr 16th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Fair Play....does that mean the coventry housing market is gonna start moving ?
Just come back from a reccie to Brisbane..We're in Coventry as well...maybe we should have a meet up ?

cheers

C
Old Apr 16th 2006, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chaval
Just come back from a reccie to Brisbane..We're in Coventry as well...maybe we should have a meet up ?

cheers

C
Hi Chaval, yes the market is def starting to move.
I wonder why everyone's leaving Cov eh?

A Coventry meet would be good?

John
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

thepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nicethepomandozzy is just really nice

Originally Posted by coventrycelt

John
Hi

We would be interested in a cov meet up.

Tracey
Old Apr 17th 2006, 3:30 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

C
Hi Chaval,

have you done a post about your reccie? would love to hear about it!

jackie x

oops sorry forgot to say congratulations coventry on your house sale!!! glad everything has fallen into place for you.

good luck to all the peeps going to brissy. Hope to meet you out there sometime!

Last edited by Mrs JFW; Apr 17th 2006 at 3:32 am.
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Hi Chaval,

have you done a post about your reccie? would love to hear about it!

jackie x

I STARTED ONE SO BEAR WITH ME,......cuse the caps..lol...i'll try an post tomoroow...blooming bank holiday beerss
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:15 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I STARTED ONE SO BEAR WITH ME,......cuse the caps..lol...i'll try an post tomoroow...blooming bank holiday beerss

PMSL will look forward to reading all about it!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 6:21 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

We have finally sold our house, after a year on the market, and a previous collapse on the day of completion, further down the chain. The stress levels reached record heights, and I vowed to myself (supersticious old fool) not to post until I could finally plan my exit from the UK. We (myself, wife and son, aged 21) validated our visa last July, and bought a property in The Gap, Brisbane which completed 6 months ago, we decided to hang on here whilst we waited to sell the property. I left the house in the hands of a property management wing of the estate agents we bought from, and they could not have been more helpful, unlike some of the Shysters I have had dealings with here in the UK.
After almost 3 years in the planning,researching,applying, waiting........., then a nightmare house sale, my stress levels have subsided, We are in a short term rental flat until June 27th when we fly out, The cat is booked to fly out a month prior to us, so she can be delivered the day after we arrive, I have arranged to have the house in Brisbane painted throughout and professionaly cleaned before we arrive, and then luckily made up the cost of it, by exchanging money after the recent hike in the dollar.
The party is booked, invitations have been sent out, my car has a buyer. My son is happy that I managed to buy tickets for The Artic Monkeys in Brisbane in August, fingers crossed we will be able to purchase Ashes tickets for the Gabba in a few weeks time.
There were times when I thought this would never happen, so dont lose faith with all the hold ups ect.
We can now relax and enjoy our final weeks here, happy in the knowledge that the money from the house sale is on the Money Markets, earning interest, and surely nothing can go wrong now eh?

Brisbane here we come!

BRILLIANT !!!!!
have a great new life

jan xx
Old Apr 17th 2006, 7:32 am

cinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud ofcinderella has much to be proud of

Brisbane here we come! [/QUOTE]

BEST WISHES, HOPE YOU CAN GET TICKETS FOR THE CRICKET!
Old Apr 17th 2006, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

gina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond reputegina has a reputation beyond repute

We have finally sold our house, after a year on the market, and a previous collapse on the day of completion, further down the chain. The stress levels reached record heights, and I vowed to myself (supersticious old fool) not to post until I could finally plan my exit from the UK. We (myself, wife and son, aged 21) validated our visa last July, and bought a property in The Gap, Brisbane which completed 6 months ago, we decided to hang on here whilst we waited to sell the property. I left the house in the hands of a property management wing of the estate agents we bought from, and they could not have been more helpful, unlike some of the Shysters I have had dealings with here in the UK.
After almost 3 years in the planning,researching,applying, waiting........., then a nightmare house sale, my stress levels have subsided, We are in a short term rental flat until June 27th when we fly out, The cat is booked to fly out a month prior to us, so she can be delivered the day after we arrive, I have arranged to have the house in Brisbane painted throughout and professionaly cleaned before we arrive, and then luckily made up the cost of it, by exchanging money after the recent hike in the dollar.
The party is booked, invitations have been sent out, my car has a buyer. My son is happy that I managed to buy tickets for The Artic Monkeys in Brisbane in August, fingers crossed we will be able to purchase Ashes tickets for the Gabba in a few weeks time.
There were times when I thought this would never happen, so dont lose faith with all the hold ups ect.
We can now relax and enjoy our final weeks here, happy in the knowledge that the money from the house sale is on the Money Markets, earning interest, and surely nothing can go wrong now eh?

Brisbane here we come!
well done and i hope it goes more smoothly from now on!

hugs geex
Old Apr 20th 2006, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thepomandozzy
Hi

We would be interested in a cov meet up.

Tracey

Us too!

We are off to brisbanr or perth still havent decided

We live in the Wyken area and up to now have had 3 viewings in one month

jo
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:29 am
Always trimmin' the bush

Merkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really niceMerkin Mayhem is just really nice

Good luck with it all,

Been on since Sept myself and still waiting!! realy S**T just want to go.

Hope to be in your shoes soon ,

MM
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

John
I just hope we shift the house before the ryton thing has any knock on effect...got a viewing this evening actually. Had one the other day with some right mingers...I wasnt sure if they just come round to case the joint.

mmm...everyone leaving Coventry...not that tricky is it ?

Ok peeps shall we arrange a meet up ? Earlsdon is pretty central and if we go in Weatherspoons even better.

Any ideas on dates ?

Cheers

C

ps...still trying to get my reccie rpt done
Old Apr 20th 2006, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=chaval]I just hope we shift the house before the ryton thing has any knock on effect...got a viewing this evening actually. Had one the other day with some right mingers...I wasnt sure if they just come round to case the joint.

mmm...everyone leaving Coventry...not that tricky is it ?

Ok peeps shall we arrange a meet up ? Earlsdon is pretty central and if we go in Weatherspoons even better.

Any ideas on dates ?

Cheers

C

We'll be up for a weatherspoons meet, its only a hundred yards from the flat we are now renting, not on a friday though as I DJ at the Four P's.
Wyken is still selling well, it will sell soon!
You're right about the Ryton plant closure having a knock on affect, although probably not until next year!

ps how about a midweek meet? its packed at weekends

Thanks everyone for their goodwishes, keep dreaming and it will soon happen!

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.