Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House is falling apart

House is falling apart

Old Aug 29th 2003, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default House is falling apart

Yesterday we got the first decent news for 2 months. The first buyer in the chain is at last ready to sign the contracts

THEN

Last night the garage roof started leaking
A picture fell off the wall (i suspect it was "assissted" by our 5 year old tazzie devil)
It fell, breaking the skirting board and smashing an electrical socket
Two bulbs blew in the hallway AT THE SAME TIME. (One bit of wiring I didn't do!)
Found out the hot water system is wired into a lighting circuit! (innocent!)

Dear God give me strength!

Still looks like we'll be in Perth before October
Old Aug 30th 2003, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Sweet Jesus I thought I had it bad!

Put house on the market 2 weeks ago and night prior re-painted my hall. Yesterday my 2 year old monkey/son redesigned the walls with his sisters stamper pens. GRRRRR

Back down the shed tomorrow to find more paint I guess.
Old Aug 30th 2003, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

We had a good one we couldn't do anything about, the weekend the house went on the market, a huge chunk of next door's tasteful stonecladding fell off their front wall. We were the adjoining semi so it looked awful & they wouldn't let us do anything about it, even though they wouldn't either. We did eventually manage to sell (no thanks to our awful neighbours) & the wall is still like that a year on!

When house sale number one fell through & the house went back on the market we had a car abandoned and then vandalised right outside the house.

Just before exchange of contracts neighbours from hell struck again. They'd actually not lived in the property for several years. There was a water leak. First we knew of it was when the water started seeping through our newly decorated lounge and dining room walls! Had to dry it all out & decorate again.

I'm so glad to be out of it!!!

Loopy

(see I can explain my name - moving & selling sent me Loopy)
Old Aug 30th 2003, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Amanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really niceAmanda&Paul is just really nice

Both your stories have made me feel much better - am now going to walk to the shed with a spring in my step!
Old Aug 30th 2003, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks folks nice to know we're not the only ones!......

Oh wait, wife has just pointed out that a light from the halogen set in the kitchen has decided to part company with it's mounting.

What is it with this place, has everything got a 3 year count down to self distruct.

Note to the Big Man "Just back off buddy, we're going whatever!!"
Old Sep 1st 2003, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

OK not laughing any more.

The oven door fell off today

Fine Big Man bring it on!!!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

At least you had an offer. Hope you took it!!!
Otherwise you will have to change the datails that say 'indoor barbie'.

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:47 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

you know the small bit in the kitchen sink??...the plughole dropped out so therefore couldnt be used...well rotted through..it stank awful...

anyway got hubby on the job and hey presto..sink LOOKS like new.....hope they dont wanna look too close before they move in..eeek:scared: :scared:
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

We have got a waste disposal, but if you switch it on (as they will) it floods the kitchen.

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by whisky
At least you had an offer. Hope you took it!!!
Otherwise you will have to change the datails that say 'indoor barbie'.

Whisky
Cheers Whisky I like that. Not an estate agent are you?
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:53 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

omg omg omg....

our conservatory door is very awkward to shut!!!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Nibbs
Cheers Whisky I like that. Not an estate agent are you?

No i'm not, but I will give it a go for you!!!

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:57 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

i feel like im in a confessional here lol....

anything else wrong with my house...hmmph.....
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

DON'T OPEN THAT CUPBOARD DOOR!!!!!!!! - too late.

Whisky
Old Sep 1st 2003, 10:06 pm
Finally made it

Paul and Steph is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by yvsie
omg omg omg....

our conservatory door is very awkward to shut!!!!!!
snap! To close ours you have to lift the handle, tug it sharply backwards and turn the key at the same time. Many's the time I've slipped backwards if I've had one too many.

We also had a bbq the other day (Bearing in mind that hubby built it 8 yrs ago and it gets maximum usage) and as soon as I loaded the grill up with food the left hand bricks moved and the tray slipped into the coals!

They say things come in three's - what's next?

Steph

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.