Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house contract agreements

house contract agreements

Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default house contract agreements

Having gathered a few details of house and got some application forms i was wondering what if anything people have put in the contracts that they want the landlord to cover,like pool maintenance for instance,we ve been told by the estate agents that its the responsability of the person nrenting the property but i sem to remember people saying that they got in written into their contract that the landlord had to do this,how many people have done this i was wondering,and have you got anymore tips for a complete novice where renting is concerned

tracey
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 12:36 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: house contract agreements

Originally Posted by scissors
Having gathered a few details of house and got some application forms i was wondering what if anything people have put in the contracts that they want the landlord to cover,like pool maintenance for instance,we ve been told by the estate agents that its the responsability of the person nrenting the property but i sem to remember people saying that they got in written into their contract that the landlord had to do this,how many people have done this i was wondering,and have you got anymore tips for a complete novice where renting is concerned

tracey
The big one on here in terms of advice (you need to searcg for the thread, sorry) is about making sure you have documented the current state of the place - in case when you go to leave they refuse to give back your bond because they say you have not cleaned or you have damaged things already damaged etc.

One person used a video camara I think I remember, I just wrote 8 pages of details and got the estate agent to sign it - and I mean details of all working/non working bulbs and tiny tears in fly screens.

It will depend on each individual agreement some owners like to be responsible for the pools themselves hiring cleaners etc so you don't muck up or do too much damage, other landlords don't care. Pools can be costly and time consuming so try as much as possible for the landlord to be responsible. Read small print about general maintenance and upkeep of garden, again if we hit another really dry spell make sure you are not responsible for watering lawn and plants etc.

Basically I think it is a case of protect yourself against the worse things you can think of and when it all turns out better you will be pleasantly surprised. We are now good friends with our ex landlords but did have a few dramas on the way.

Good Luck