Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Completed Today

House Completed Today

Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future
Talking House Completed Today

House completed today - hurrah

It has been on the market since October last year and it has taken since early March for the sale to go despite it being a 2 person chain!!!

Anyway we are still living in it - renting it back until Jan 05 when we leave for Perth and our house in Currambine, WA

Just wanted to share this with all you waiting for your house to sell and let you know that it will happen eventually - be patient and look on the bright side. In the end our buyers were private though www.thelittlehousecompany.co.uk

Cheers
Dave
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Completed Today

Originally posted by darkless

It has been on the market since October last year and it has taken since early March for the sale to go despite it being a 2 person chain!!!

Anyway we are still living in it - renting it back until Jan 05 when we leave for Perth and our house in Currambine, WA

Just wanted to share this with all you waiting for your house to sell and let you know that it will happen eventually - be patient and look on the bright side. In the end our buyers were private though www.thelittlehousecompany.co.uk

Cheers
Dave

Congrats!!

We are selling a house also....Have accepted an offer and they have had the mortgage survey done....that was last Thursday....so we have everything crossed that can be that it all exchanges sooner, rather than later!!

Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:25 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave would you recommend selling your house in this way? Grateful for any feedback!
Lucy
Old Jul 12th 2004, 10:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally posted by lucyb
Dave would you recommend selling your house in this way? Grateful for any feedback!
Lucy

Hi Lucy,

Just got back from pub, chinese, several beers and a bottle of champagne so I hope my answer is coherrant!!

We put our house on the market with an agent who were fine with you advertising on the internet as well, so long as it wasnt another agent. The little house company do not act as an agent - they merely submit your details to the major online house buying sites (fish4, rightmove, etc) and it cost about £100.

We therefore had an agent and internet advertising on the go. We diid get several offer and finally accepted on from the agency back in March, but literally days later got an offer from people who had found the house via the web. At the end of the day going without an agency saved us about £3000 so i feel this was a good move. Our delays were not due to the fact we used an agent and therefore I would recommend the use of both an agent and the little house company - if you get an offer first through the agent then great. If you get one through the internet then even better!!

Dave
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Great news! Selling your house can be the most stressful part of the migration process. Now you can sit back and rest for the next 6 months until you leave, what a good plan!
Old Jul 12th 2004, 11:50 pm
owieb

Originally posted by lucyb
Lucy
I started selling my house through the little house company and it was really good. I eventually had to switch to an agency because I was leaving for Australia and didn't have anyone who could show people around.

I had more people come to look at the house through that site than through the agency.

It's a real shame I had to sell it through the agency as it cost me a fortune in agency fees!

As a starting point I'd say it is well worth spending a couple hundred pounds trying it with the little house company and see what response you get. If you are happy about showing people around then it shouldn't be a problem. No-one knows your house better than you.

Once someone makes an offer, everything is handled by solicitors so there is no real need for an estate agent.

I was in Australia when mine sold and had no communication with the estate agent after the offer. I only ever dealt with my solicitor, who handled everything for me.

Old Jul 13th 2004, 5:06 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Dave
Hi Dave

This is spooky. We completed today and are renting back too, until September then on to Perth. Our buyers house is still unsold so we struck up this deal. Downside for us is we have to be out with just 3 weeks notice.

Walla
Old Jul 13th 2004, 9:29 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers
Dave
Excellent news, nice one Dave

ACE