Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

house buyers in suspended animation over easter?

house buyers in suspended animation over easter?

Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future
Default house buyers in suspended animation over easter?

the weekend before easter, as a result of one private advert we had 5 viewings. the weekend before that 3. so, in preparation for the easter rush and a quick sale i splashed out on 4 adverts, one a day, over easter. we had one phone call as a result. are we alone in this? have we exhausted all the local potential buyers in the first two weekends? or was everybody too busy eating chocolate to haul themselves away from the tv, out into the drizzle to view? i thought easter was a big house buying weekend. hope everybody else had better luck.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:27 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: house buyers in suspended animation over easter?

Originally Posted by ahoy
the weekend before easter, as a result of one private advert we had 5 viewings. the weekend before that 3. so, in preparation for the easter rush and a quick sale i splashed out on 4 adverts, one a day, over easter. we had one phone call as a result. are we alone in this? have we exhausted all the local potential buyers in the first two weekends? or was everybody too busy eating chocolate to haul themselves away from the tv, out into the drizzle to view? i thought easter was a big house buying weekend. hope everybody else had better luck.
I think that you are not the only ones in that position. We have had a steady response to our house sale over the past few weeks, but come this weekend it ground to a halt. Our estate agent said that if the weather was a bit iffy, then we could get a lot of viewers, and it had to go and be sunny. Guess everyone was making the most of the weather.

Neil
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

ahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant futureahoy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by neil.b
I think that you are not the only ones in that position. We have had a steady response to our house sale over the past few weeks, but come this weekend it ground to a halt. Our estate agent said that if the weather was a bit iffy, then we could get a lot of viewers, and it had to go and be sunny. Guess everyone was making the most of the weather.

Neil
well god knows what they were doing in it here because it was c""p. well i suppose it wasn't too bad in the afternoons. thanks neil, and good luck with your sale.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:35 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

well god knows what they were doing in it here because it was c""p. well i suppose it wasn't too bad in the afternoons. thanks neil, and good luck with your sale.
Up in the west midland/wales border, it wasn't too bad at all. bit of rain here and there. Good luck with your sale too. Race you to the finish!!

Neil
Old Mar 28th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by neil.b
Up in the west midland/wales border, it wasn't too bad at all. bit of rain here and there. Good luck with your sale too. Race you to the finish!!

Neil
you're on. private v estate agent. ready, steady ...........
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:12 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

you're on. private v estate agent. ready, steady ...........
Funny you should say that...I had more response from my private ads than Ive had since its been with the agent the last 2-3 weeks...makes me wonder if Im doing the right thing going with them
Old Mar 30th 2005, 7:22 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Hiya, haven't had too bad a response at all. 9 viewings since last Tuesday, another tomorrow, and another booked for Saturday. Did sack old agent last week, so think the kick up the arse really helped.

Fingers crossed for offers.

Good luck to the rest of you for this weekend.

Take care Paul
Old Mar 30th 2005, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

sounds about right. we actually had a call from the internet site yesterday, want to view next week. hopefully things will pick up again. bit scary because we had had such a huge response from each of the two adverts we had put in the two local rags. thought we might have exhausted all potential buyers! anyway, more adverts in next weekend so fingers crossed and good luck everybody else. like you need all this on top of waiting for a visa decision etc