Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House buyers dont ya just love em

Wikiposts

House buyers dont ya just love em

Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:47 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Have you found that passport yet Tina?
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:48 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Im on the case now Jolyn.

hehehehehehe

Booboo
Old Aug 11th 2003, 4:49 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by whisky
Well, I think we have gone totally crackers now. We can't stand it any longer. We have accepted the house offer with a drop of £15,000. I just hope that we don't live to regret it.

Whisky
Don't feel bad about it, you did great compared to what the house would get in a year's time. (Minus another 15%-25%.) It was just realistic pricing, ie what a buyer is reasonably willing to pay today.

Buyer's market these days, folks.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to all you guys who are going through the stress mill at the moment with the house selling crap.

Hope it all works out !!

footie chick
Old Aug 11th 2003, 5:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the sympathy footie chick. Have you managed to convince your husband that hot weather is OK yet? This weather of the last week is just like the Queensland summer - hot and humid. Has he survived it?

Whisky - I'm sure you've done the right thing. £10K less is hopefully still a lot more than you paid for the house and you'd feel daft if you sat here and prices went down anyway. You'll be on that plane soon! Fingers crossed for your deal to go through quickly.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the support everyone.
Its nice to beable to let it all out on here, and have you all make it seem a whole lot better.
You are probably right Don, and at least we can get on with everything once this place is Sold. It would have been nice to have that extra £15,000 though.
Thanks also Footie Cick and Jolyn
Whisky
Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

tom's mum will become famous soon enoughtom's mum will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone,

Our house has been on the market since April. Until last week we had had only six viewings and no offers. We have reduced the price by £15,000 and still no viewings for the last five weeks!!! We have now gone multi-agency and surprise our original agent has sent four couples round. We got very hopefull. We can go when we sell. However when I checked the agent admits that at least one of the viewers cannnot afford to match our price and is stretching himself to get £15,000 below what its on for now!!!!

I believe our agent is sending anyone and everyone in the hope that we will accept any stupid offer. We are getting very despondant now and wonder whether we will ever sell. Im supposed to be starting my new job in November. Hopefully the new agents will start sending people round soon and sensible people at that.

Ah well back to the waiting game. Good luck to all of you waiting to sell your house, it's a living NIGHTMARE. :scared:
Old Aug 11th 2003, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jolyn

I am getting there, we are just back from the beach after spending the evening down there with a bottle of wine and pudding. It was great as there was a lovely breeze.

footie chick
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by h garrett
Have you found that passport yet Tina?

Thanks for thinking of me - no I still haven't found it. I am going to my Mum's for a few days and will search again when I get back. If I can't find it I will have to get a new one. Unfortunately you have to apply for a new one and fill out all of the forms etc again. Hopefully Aussie house will re-issue the visas quickly.