Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Buyers & Carpet Treaders

House Buyers & Carpet Treaders

Old Dec 7th 2004, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down House Buyers & Carpet Treaders

How annoying these people are, We have had a total of 5 viewings, and 4 of them have been non starters, with excuses from small garden, the bedrooms too small, etc etc!! Which we can put up with;
but we had a viewing a week ago, got a phone call from the estate agents, saying they were really interested and the will be putting an offer in, when they have sorted the mortgage out, got phone call last Friday asking if we had all the paperwork in place for our extension on the house (planning permission etc.) So brilliant we thought they must be really interested?, awaiting an offer,
Then today we get a phone call from estate agent, saying they won't be putting an offer in as they have decided to stay where they are!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I suppose it is our fault for building our hopes up!

and while I am on the subject, why do people view houses to buy, before they have sold there own!!!!!!!!!

To say we are fed up now would be a huge understatemt

Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:03 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Buyers & Carpet Treaders

I understand how you feel, totally!! But trust me...its better that they never put an offer in, than to put the offer in...let it get to nearly exchange, then pull out!!!

We are on to buyer 3 right now and with only 10 days to go until expected date of exchange...I am very nervous!!! It feels a little like de ja vu to me...

I am sure you will get your buyer eventually.....will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hels
Old Dec 7th 2004, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

ZimBabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Buyers & Carpet Treaders

Originally Posted by Hels
I understand how you feel, totally!! But trust me...its better that they never put an offer in, than to put the offer in...let it get to nearly exchange, then pull out!!!

We are on to buyer 3 right now and with only 10 days to go until expected date of exchange...I am very nervous!!! It feels a little like de ja vu to me...

I am sure you will get your buyer eventually.....will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hels
I lost buyer number 3 a week before exchange of contracts when their first time buyers pulled out!!!!!!!! Now it's "That time of year" as everyone keeps telling me GGGGRRRRR dont they realise iv'e been selling the house since February!!!!

Now seriously thinking about selling at Auction. Will wait until end of December, beginning of January then decide. (House is empty and cant afford to keep paying two mortgages).

I also hate people who LOVE the house and would make an offer if only they could sell their own bloody house. I asked my agent not to show it to people in that position but he just said it's best not to put people off in case they get an offer.

Oh well, what can you do.