Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Built on top of Drains

House Built on top of Drains

Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

andyaldy will become famous soon enough
Default House Built on top of Drains

Can anyone else tell me if their house is built on top of the drains, we had a blockage yesterday (yes nice i know) and got the plumber out only to find out our drains run front the front of the house to the back of the house, all under the floor, we live in a lowset brick house which is about 6 yrs old, on top of that there should be access to these drains at the front of the house and the back, at the front of the house its grass, so it must be under there somewhere and at the back its concrete, so its under there, it must also be deep down as we had the concrete put in and it wasnt there, this part is only a slight problem as we can dig up the grass to find the drain, put camera in and find the one under concrete, but how stupid to put a house on top on drains, if something was to go wrong under the slab of the house it would mean digging up in the house, the plumber has said its fine now but any pipe work can break, if anyone else knows of this problem please let me know. I can not believe drainage like this gets passed.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

rodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond reputerodandhayley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Built on top of Drains

all houses are built over some sort of drains dont worry about it
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:10 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House Built on top of Drains

Originally Posted by rodandhayley
all houses are built over some sort of drains dont worry about it
yep all the plumbing work is done before the slab is laid, your local council should have a copy of your plumbing plan in archive I think. The access to the drains well the sewer ones are usually outside the dunny walls well that where ours is anyways