British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   House Building on the Sunshine Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/house-building-sunshine-coast-778780/)

glittababe Nov 26th 2012 7:20 am

House Building on the Sunshine Coast

1 Attachment(s)
Hurrah we have progress. We purchased the land in May 2012 - so here's a quick snapshot :)

SKIPPI79 Nov 26th 2012 3:12 pm

Re: House Building on the Sunshine Coast

wow, thats going quick... who are you building with? did you buy a land/house package or did you buy the land and then find a build?

sorry for being nosey :o

JeronimoSAP Nov 26th 2012 3:57 pm

nice one!

glittababe Nov 27th 2012 6:54 am

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79 (Post 10402044)
wow, thats going quick... who are you building with? did you buy a land/house package or did you buy the land and then find a build?

sorry for being nosey :o

Not nosey at all! We bought the land first then we t hunting for a builder, finally deciding on plantation homes. We're building the doulton lux with a few changes to the design for our family :) should be completed by march 2013 :)

asprilla Nov 27th 2012 9:58 am

:) keep us updated with photos please !!

SKIPPI79 Nov 27th 2012 5:25 pm

now, I had a peak on their website and saw the design, you are building( now that's nosey :rofl: ) WOW what a lovley house!!, I must I was suprised by the prices ( in a positive way ;) ) but I had a look at land, and was a bit dissapointed to see how expensive they can be......
please keep us up to date with pics..... :thumbsup:

rasen78 Nov 28th 2012 4:32 am

Originally Posted by glittababe (Post 10401506)
Hurrah we have progress. We purchased the land in May 2012 - so here's a quick snapshot :)

That's fab, and so quick!! Also had a sneek peak at the house. Verrrry nice:D

glittababe Nov 28th 2012 7:09 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79 (Post 10404125)
now, I had a peak on their website and saw the design, you are building( now that's nosey :rofl: ) WOW what a lovley house!!, I must I was suprised by the prices ( in a positive way ;) ) but I had a look at land, and was a bit dissapointed to see how expensive they can be......
please keep us up to date with pics..... :thumbsup:

lol and whatever they tell you, add on at least 20% cos the figure you need to look at is their 'list' price. Yep the land is expensive, and you have to account for retaining walls (ours cost around $22,000) just to get the walls in and cut and fill it ready for the slab. They also don't cover rock removal. We were lucky that on the soil test it came back as 'soft rock'.

Things I'd do again? Most def buy the land to suit the house (not the other way around) as it would have been so much cheaper to go with a flat block. Hindsights a wonderful thing :)

Other items not included: electrics, lighting, render (or facade) - they basically brick it, driveway, fencing, air con. So all up it's costing a wee bit more. Also no discounts applied to us (the zone discount) as we were building out of area :( Took the boys there for the first time since they saw 'land' and they're a little bit happy :) Please ignore their silliness, twas after school and they were hot and tired

kokoko69 Nov 28th 2012 10:37 am

Originally Posted by glittababe (Post 10401506)

nice!!!

glittababe Dec 1st 2012 4:19 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kokoko69 (Post 10405495)
nice!!!

One frame complete. Roof Monday apparently. I guess after this bit it all slows down? :D

Ronnie9898 Dec 1st 2012 8:49 pm

Where in the sunshine coast are you building, we are trying to sell our house here in melbourne so we can move up there for work reasons, we have been looking around pelican waters?
Ronnie

glittababe Dec 3rd 2012 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Ronnie9898 (Post 10411377)
Where in the sunshine coast are you building, we are trying to sell our house here in melbourne so we can move up there for work reasons, we have been looking around pelican waters?
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie building at eumundi. I've never been to pelican waters, that's about 50 mins south of us I think?

glittababe Dec 16th 2012 6:12 am

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Ronnie9898 (Post 10411377)
Ronnie

We have a roof and windows - hurrah!

itigo Dec 18th 2012 1:43 am

It's looking really good! Our plans are STILL with the designer. After we approve these he has to do the final plans. He is so slow I am going mad. We've explained that we are paying our mortgage now and need him to be quick but to no avail...........VERY frustrating and wishing we'd gone with one of the builder's own designs. I'm sure it'll be good in the end though...........fingers crossed!

glittababe Dec 30th 2012 3:54 am

Originally Posted by itigo (Post 10438863)
It's looking really good! Our plans are STILL with the designer. After we approve these he has to do the final plans. He is so slow I am going mad. We've explained that we are paying our mortgage now and need him to be quick but to no avail...........VERY frustrating and wishing we'd gone with one of the builder's own designs. I'm sure it'll be good in the end though...........fingers crossed!

Hows it going? Do you have your plans yet? Its gone to a standstill here, Christmas break. Eek! Just has the brickies were starting as well. Apparently they'll start again on the 21st jan :blink: