Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Building on the Sunshine Coast

House Building on the Sunshine Coast

Old Nov 26th 2012, 7:20 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default House Building on the Sunshine Coast

Hurrah we have progress. We purchased the land in May 2012 - so here's a quick snapshot
Attached Thumbnails House Building on the Sunshine Coast-house-build-progress.jpg  
Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of
Default Re: House Building on the Sunshine Coast

wow, thats going quick... who are you building with? did you buy a land/house package or did you buy the land and then find a build?

sorry for being nosey
Old Nov 26th 2012, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

JeronimoSAP is an unknown quantity at this point

nice one!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
wow, thats going quick... who are you building with? did you buy a land/house package or did you buy the land and then find a build?

sorry for being nosey
Not nosey at all! We bought the land first then we t hunting for a builder, finally deciding on plantation homes. We're building the doulton lux with a few changes to the design for our family should be completed by march 2013
Old Nov 27th 2012, 9:58 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

keep us updated with photos please !!
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

SKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud ofSKIPPI79 has much to be proud of

now, I had a peak on their website and saw the design, you are building( now that's nosey ) WOW what a lovley house!!, I must I was suprised by the prices ( in a positive way ) but I had a look at land, and was a bit dissapointed to see how expensive they can be......
please keep us up to date with pics.....
Old Nov 28th 2012, 4:32 am
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Hurrah we have progress. We purchased the land in May 2012 - so here's a quick snapshot
That's fab, and so quick!! Also had a sneek peak at the house. Verrrry nice
Old Nov 28th 2012, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
now, I had a peak on their website and saw the design, you are building( now that's nosey ) WOW what a lovley house!!, I must I was suprised by the prices ( in a positive way ) but I had a look at land, and was a bit dissapointed to see how expensive they can be......
please keep us up to date with pics.....
lol and whatever they tell you, add on at least 20% cos the figure you need to look at is their 'list' price. Yep the land is expensive, and you have to account for retaining walls (ours cost around $22,000) just to get the walls in and cut and fill it ready for the slab. They also don't cover rock removal. We were lucky that on the soil test it came back as 'soft rock'.

Things I'd do again? Most def buy the land to suit the house (not the other way around) as it would have been so much cheaper to go with a flat block. Hindsights a wonderful thing

Other items not included: electrics, lighting, render (or facade) - they basically brick it, driveway, fencing, air con. So all up it's costing a wee bit more. Also no discounts applied to us (the zone discount) as we were building out of area Took the boys there for the first time since they saw 'land' and they're a little bit happy Please ignore their silliness, twas after school and they were hot and tired
Attached Thumbnails House Building on the Sunshine Coast-housebuildboys.jpg  
Old Nov 28th 2012, 10:37 am
Banned

kokoko69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by glittababe
nice!!!
Old Dec 1st 2012, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kokoko69
nice!!!
One frame complete. Roof Monday apparently. I guess after this bit it all slows down?
Attached Thumbnails House Building on the Sunshine Coast-housebuildframeday4.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2012, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Ronnie9898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where in the sunshine coast are you building, we are trying to sell our house here in melbourne so we can move up there for work reasons, we have been looking around pelican waters?
Ronnie
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ronnie9898
Where in the sunshine coast are you building, we are trying to sell our house here in melbourne so we can move up there for work reasons, we have been looking around pelican waters?
Ronnie
Hi Ronnie building at eumundi. I've never been to pelican waters, that's about 50 mins south of us I think?
Old Dec 16th 2012, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Ronnie9898
Ronnie
We have a roof and windows - hurrah!
Attached Thumbnails House Building on the Sunshine Coast-house-build-sunshine-coast.jpg  
Old Dec 18th 2012, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

It's looking really good! Our plans are STILL with the designer. After we approve these he has to do the final plans. He is so slow I am going mad. We've explained that we are paying our mortgage now and need him to be quick but to no avail...........VERY frustrating and wishing we'd gone with one of the builder's own designs. I'm sure it'll be good in the end though...........fingers crossed!
Old Dec 30th 2012, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by itigo
It's looking really good! Our plans are STILL with the designer. After we approve these he has to do the final plans. He is so slow I am going mad. We've explained that we are paying our mortgage now and need him to be quick but to no avail...........VERY frustrating and wishing we'd gone with one of the builder's own designs. I'm sure it'll be good in the end though...........fingers crossed!
Hows it going? Do you have your plans yet? Its gone to a standstill here, Christmas break. Eek! Just has the brickies were starting as well. Apparently they'll start again on the 21st jan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.