Reload this Page >

House building pitfalls???

House building pitfalls???

Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

patmoss is on a distinguished road
Question [B]House building pitfalls[/B]

Guys,
Me and Mrs Patmoss are looking at building somewhere in the bayside suburbs. There must be loads of you who've built since you've been here so i'm after a little advice from your experience!!
What are the hidden costs or common pitfalls, have you guys had bad experiences with any companies in particular.How much do we need to leave to one side for finishing up once the building is complete (Tile, carpets, landscaping, driveways etc). We're thinking of using a company called "Ownit Homes". Anyone any feedback on them.
Generally we're after any advice or comments that would be helpful in the process. You guys always come up trumps every time i post, thanks for your advice in advance!!!!

Mr & Mrs Patmoss

Last edited by patmoss; Mar 19th 2006 at 12:27 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2006, 12:35 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [B]House building pitfalls[/B]

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,
Me and Mrs Patmoss are looking at building somewhere in the bayside suburbs. There must be loads of you who've built since you've been here so i'm after a little advice from your experience!!
What are the hidden costs or common pitfalls, have you guys had bad experiences with any companies in particular.How much do we need to leave to one side for finishing up once the building is complete (Tile, carpets, landscaping, driveways etc). We're thinking of using a company called "Ownit Homes". Anyone any feedback on them.
Generally we're after any advice or comments that would be helpful in the process. You guys always come up trumps every time i post, thanks for your advice in advance!!!!

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
I know a very reputable & recc'd builder on the Gold Coast - if you PM your details I am sure he wouldn't mind having a chat with you.

Claire
Old Mar 19th 2006, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

juri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
I know a very reputable & recc'd builder on the Gold Coast - if you PM your details I am sure he wouldn't mind having a chat with you.

Claire
You seem to have done your homework. Leave one third for floors, blinds landscaping postboxes whirlygigs, paths, interior doors, carpets, rugs, garden sheds etc etc
Old Mar 19th 2006, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by patmoss
Guys,

Mr & Mrs Patmoss
A lot of the building companies will do everything for you, carpets, driveways etc, some a lot more expensive than others, we are building with Simonds Homes who have some great deals on a the moment, either you can choose a free room to add onto your house, or you can choose a bonus pack for $4990 which has loads of stuff ie, whole house carpeted and tiled, landscaping, remote garage, dishwasher, upgrade kitchen, driveway and loads more. They have been excellent to deal with.