Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

House Building Costs

House Building Costs

Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

joeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud ofjoeyb has much to be proud of
Default House Building Costs

We need your help as always!

We are looking at purchasing some land in QLD this year and then hopefully starting to build in July next year.

I have been looking at a few building companies over the internet such as Gold award homes and like some of their designs and prices.
However, as with most major purchases, I am sure there will be some hidden costs such as the planning consent costs, having phone lines put in and soil testing stuff (can you tell I am new to all this?).

Anyway can anyone give me an idea of what I need to look for and how much things are?
Also, can anyone give me a rough idea on how much a 4bed, two bath house (nothing too fancy) would be too build.

Thanks
Jo
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:13 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House Building Costs

it is very difficult to give a price - site costs will depend very much on the block of land you pick (is it sloping, rock, trees to take down, access, type of soil, services to the edge of the block etc). Other site costs like machine hire, scaffolding, drainage, survey.... The local council requirements can also greatly affect costs with extra requirements.
Cost of house can vary widly with which builder you use & what they have as standard. Then of course the are all the extras which are really essential (like floor coverings, more than 2 plugs for the whole house, lanscaping, driveway), and then all the nicety additions of upgrades like aircon.
The basic cost they show is to get you interested.