Reload this Page >

House auction - advice sought

House auction - advice sought

Old Jan 29th 2007, 10:30 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: House auction - advice sought

Originally Posted by marysidey
There is a whole book by jenman (I think) advising on ethical house buying and selling
Why not a[proach the sellers direct with your offer
Absolutely agree. Whilst the owners 'may' have turned down several offers (yeah, right!) then they may not turn down yours.
You don't know if you don't offer.

Absolutely offer, if it's the right property.

But don't get emotionally attached. It's only a house.
Old Jan 29th 2007, 11:07 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: House auction - advice sought

Originally Posted by walaj
We have found a house that ticks many of the boxes of what we are looking for.

We were hoping to avoid auction, but going to the open house there were lots of people there and the agent did say that a couple of offers had been turned down as the vendors wanted to go to auction.

I have a feeling that the house will go at auction, thus relutantly have to take part in the auction if we are to buy this house. This make me a bit nervous of what we should do in the mean time (qs to ask, which documents to see etc) and how to approach the auction. biggest fear is of paying too much (ie we know what is our personal max, but this could be over what it is actually worth)

At the open house there was a report recently done on the house - the house is less than 20yrs old, would you rely on that report or would you get you own done?

Auction virgin seeking advice
What state are you in, makes a big difference.