Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hottest December day in 30 years (Perth)

Hottest December day in 30 years (Perth)

Old Dec 14th 2004, 11:50 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Hottest December day in 30 years (Perth)

Originally Posted by Simone
41.5 degrees celsius.

Argh.
;-)[/SIZE]

I hear ya - was sat outside after work last night and it was still 37C apparently, when I got home after dinner about 9pm the pool was 30C! Can only imagine how hot it would have been during the afternoon!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:17 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

Yup Simone, it was ravin' hot yesterday. Too hot!
Good job it wasn't like that on Sunday, or we'd have lasted about an hour in Kings Park & then had to phone the paramedics!

As you say, cooler today, but here's how humid it is... I drove Gillian to work this morning. We had the aircon going in the car.
When we got to her work, she jumped out of the car and her glasses steamed up! She couldn't see a thing!

Let's hope the sea breeze gets in early today! It didn't seem to appear at all yesterday where we live....

Cheers... John...
Old Dec 15th 2004, 12:26 am
aussie73

Originally Posted by Simone
I have no idea where you are, but I know it was 21 in Ballarat today!
That's about half the temperature of Perth, lol!

26 is the nicest temperature I think. Next year when I've acclimatised that'll probably go up a few degrees.

Thanks. The trees nice, but not very strong. That's why it's lopsided. Not the best photo either. And there's no powerpoint there, so wasn't going to have lights, but Pascal constructed some lights in the hallway, and extended that into the tree. Look alright when it's dark....
Its about 18c in Warrnambool on the West Coast of Victoria where l am now.
Over here 25c is considered a hot day.

Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:28 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

$340

New evaporator: 280
About an hours labour: 60
They're not charging me for the regas, cos that was under warranty. Woopidoo.

So, that's now about 3 weeks wages, just for the airconditioning.....

The car didn't cost $4200, but about $6500 until now....
ANd it's our own stupid fault, for being to trusting..!!!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 1:46 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Awww sorry to hear that, Simone. What a pain in the tush!

We have no air-con either but I was ok most of the day in the house with fans a-blowin'

The days never seem to bother me, but I suffer at night. Struggle to get to sleep in the heat, even with the fan on me starkers!

I've never been so happy to have a pool!

Siren
Old Dec 15th 2004, 3:46 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Siren
Awww sorry to hear that, Simone. What a pain in the tush!

We have no air-con either but I was ok most of the day in the house with fans a-blowin'

The days never seem to bother me, but I suffer at night. Struggle to get to sleep in the heat, even with the fan on me starkers!

I've never been so happy to have a pool!

Siren
Sorry guys I woke up wrapped up in my warm duvet again, I must be abnormal, either that or an arab in a previous life, nice today though, still trying to get my shower screen clean for the inspection tomorrow and failing miserably. Tried everything now.
Jenny
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:02 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
Sorry guys I woke up wrapped up in my warm duvet again, I must be abnormal, either that or an arab in a previous life, nice today though, still trying to get my shower screen clean for the inspection tomorrow and failing miserably. Tried everything now.
Jenny
omg! Definetly!

Pascal turned the fan of at 6 am this morning. I told him in no uncertain terms to turn it back on, and quickly!!
Had my legs under a sheet though, always need something covered.

Good luck with the showerscreen!
We don't have one.. but the white silicon bits on the side of the bath are going very mouldy...even though we let it air a lot, and theres a fan thing.

Just been outside. Seems more like yesterday again now, not as humid as this morning, and hotter obviously.
Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:05 am
scoobydoo

Jenny

For the shower screen I was recommended vinegar, it got a lot of yuk off ours when I had to clean before we moved in to our place!

I waited in for 2 hours today for the rental agents to inspect our place...rang them to ask where they were and am still waiting for them to get back to me...argh!!!

Scoobs x

Old Dec 15th 2004, 4:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Jenny
Have you tried 'White King'. Its a bleach, but recently they brought out a spray version so its much easier to use. We're trying to sell our house at the moment and I used it to clean all the bathrooms, took almost everything off that shouldn't have been there. *Warning* it also took the skin off the tops of my fingers (didnt have the spray at that time) so gloves/care should be use
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:49 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Have you tried 'White King'. Its a bleach, but recently they brought out a spray version so its much easier to use. We're trying to sell our house at the moment and I used it to clean all the bathrooms, took almost everything off that shouldn't have been there. *Warning* it also took the skin off the tops of my fingers (didnt have the spray at that time) so gloves/care should be use
Thanks, haven't tried that one, done vinegar, done vinegar and baking soda, done lemon juice, jiff, mr muscle, CLR, acetone(nail varnish remover), bleach, I am at a dead loss but will give that one ago, thanks guys.
ps isnt it nice today, fluffy duvet still on bed!!

Jenny
Old Dec 15th 2004, 10:54 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

I hope all you ladies of leisure in Perth are enjoying your pools, and airconned homes and cars

I am now still sweating, seeing it doesn't really help, and old house, thick walls. When it gets this hot.. the house is hot too. Cheap $15 fans from WA Salvage help though.

It's alright actually, spent nearly all day at work in the aircon. Hope it doesn't get this hot when Pascal's parents are here and we go on holiday, cos you can't do hardly anything. Probably not though, usually waits till Febuary.

karma please ;-)[/QUOTE]

Simone, you just couldn't resist it could you
Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

I'm so jealous! Not so cold today. Quite mild really, but grey and miserable and here I am scrubbing bloody shoes. (Scuse the language)

So so jealous! I want to be home sitting in the garden and not worrying about packers and cleaning and stuff!
Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:38 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ushas
I'm so jealous! Not so cold today. Quite mild really, but grey and miserable and here I am scrubbing bloody shoes. (Scuse the language)

So so jealous! I want to be home sitting in the garden and not worrying about packers and cleaning and stuff!
It'll not be long now, enjoy the cold while you can
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:08 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by walla1

Simone, you just couldn't resist it could you
Didn't work though! Well, only deadmeat, and he thought I asked nicely
Old Dec 15th 2004, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by walla1
It'll not be long now, enjoy the cold while you can
That's the problem though. I don't enjoy the cold AT ALL!