Wikiposts

Hotpoint

Old Jul 12th 2004, 5:54 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hotpoint

Following on from the washer drier debate....
we are planning on taking our new Hotpoint washer/dryer and matching dishwasher with us. Is this wise? Can you buy Hotpoint in Oz? As Im sure they will break down at some point and if i cant get them serviced over there, ther's no point taking them!
Lucy
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hotpoint

Hi Lucy,
we have a hotpoint washing machine, just had it repaired the chap who's done the repairs has said that he is more than happy to ship parts out and email instructions on how to fit them should anything 'else' go wrong with it! We are off to Brissie, sorry forget where you are heading!
hugs
rach x
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:08 am

Hi Rach

It WAS Brissie but now Adelaide as we are going in for the SIR visa and Queensland are only accepting onshore applications at the moment. SO we cant buy Hotpoint at all out there?
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Not sure Lucy, maybe someone out there can help!
rach x
Old Jul 12th 2004, 6:57 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lucyb
we are planning on taking our new Hotpoint washer/dryer and matching dishwasher with us. Is this wise? Can you buy Hotpoint in Oz? As Im sure they will break down at some point and if i cant get them serviced over there, ther's no point taking them!
Lucy

Web link for hotpoint Australia

http://www.hotpoint.com.au/

I've just looked at it and they dont do washing machines???????????
Kala

Last edited by kala; Jul 12th 2004 at 7:02 am.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:04 am

Thanks Hon,

Im not sure if we should bother taking it then!

Lucy
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Lucy
Hi Lucy

If they are new I would take them. They should be ok for few years and if you have container they should fit in no prob. No point in wasting money IMHO.
Old Jul 12th 2004, 7:17 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Thanks Hon,

Im not sure if we should bother taking it then!

Lucy

Lucy,

I could be very wrong here but it's probably worth you calling them to check as I know how much you love your washing machine

Hotpoint Australia looks like a franchise, they are also under the heading CEG electric glass company.

I went to the hotpoint Uk site and in turn to the hotpoint USA site, they are heavilly linked with GE products, so I went to the GE site in Australia and it took me to this site http://www.kleenmaid.com.au/products...ageID=5&cat=24 it might be worth contacting them to see if infact you hotpiont washing machine is exactly the same inside as one of there GE machines. (this is often the case with electrical appliances accross the world and other items for example Britax baby seats go under the name of safe and sound in Austraia)

just a thought.