Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Perth???

Hotels in Perth???

Old Sep 25th 2005, 5:43 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotels in Perth???

Now that we've got the visa, I'm getting info for our validation trip, which I'd like to book in the next couple of days.

Wondering if anyone could tell me their experience of hotels in Perth (north of the river)? Beach hotels?

Where did you stay? What did you like/dislike about the hotel/location?

Anyone got any experience of the following hotels:

1. Sorrento Beach Resort?
2. Rendezvous Hotel Observation?
3. Saville Park Suites?
4. Emerald Hotel?

Thanks.

Gina
Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to allAndyD is a name known to all
Default Re: Hotels in Perth???

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Now that we've got the visa, I'm getting info for our validation trip, which I'd like to book in the next couple of days.

Wondering if anyone could tell me their experience of hotels in Perth (north of the river)? Beach hotels?

3. Saville Park Suites?
4. Emerald Hotel?

Thanks.

Gina

To be honest don't know any of those places But I thought I bump you up to the top again.

All the best, they all sound nice.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:34 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

We're staying in a hotel, the Aarons Hotel in Perth. We found it on Expedia and it wasnt too expensive, will let you know what it's like when we've been.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Cool Re: Hotels in Perth???

Gina[/QUOTE]
Hi, we stayed in the Rendezvous hotel in feb. we were only supposed to stay for a night but ended up staying for three. It has a fantastic pool area which i just loved. it is situated facing the beach and from our room you could lie in bed and look at the sea , pure bliss!! The rooms were very nice and clean and the hotel itself has a couple of bars and a buffet restaurant. we would definitely stay there again if we were in the Scarborough area. It cost about $175 a night.
Another hotel that we stayed in was the crown plaza on swan river. this was a very reasonable priced hotel with lovely rooms, a simple pool area, a small gym and a nice bar area . i think it only cost about $100 a night and can be booked on the net.

Last edited by breezeboylan; Sep 25th 2005 at 7:43 pm.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 7:44 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I've got 3 nights booked in the Acacia hotel (AUD80/night on www.wotif.com.au) next week. I'll let you know what it's like.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

PJ & B is an unknown quantity at this point

3. Saville Park Suites?
4. Emerald Hotel?

Thanks.

Gina
Hi Gina

We stayed in the Rendezvous Hotel Observation for a week. Right on Scarbough Beach, really clean, easy to get to the city, great pool and restaurants and Pub just outside, we went in there on our first night and they had a great live band on. For our second week we stayed in Mandurah cant remember the name of the hotel (sorry), but we loved Mandurah as well.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 8:56 pm
Banned

Widdi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really niceWiddi is just really nice

We have been in the emerald.

Its nice clean hotel with good sized and well equiped rooms. There is some concern over traffic noise from the near by high-way but we never noticed it when we stayed. It a very good location and only walking distance to Kings park and the shopping areas of the city. We would definately stay again.
Hope this is of some help.

J & G, Lincs.
Old Sep 25th 2005, 10:38 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a few nights in the good earth hotel and i'm sure you can find a better one ! It wasn't awful but far from good
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:31 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

bump
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Gina,

www.assuredhospitality.com.au

and click to Ascot Quays.

We had 3 weeks there when we validated in February. Not on the beach but a fab location for exploring the city nonetheless. It's situated on the Great Eastern highway and is a 10 minute drive into the city or 20 minutes to the beaches.

Fantastic restaurant and pool area to boot.

It's a right touch ...

Three Legs

3. Saville Park Suites?
4. Emerald Hotel?

Thanks.

Gina
Old Sep 26th 2005, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

We stayed in the Goodearth hotel, had a kitchenette and was comfortable. A pleasant 10 minute walk from the CBD.

We also stayed in Sullivan's - right by King's Park - very nice. Closer to CBD and pleasant staff.

Both hotels were more than adequate and were cheap too. Booked through Ratestogo.com.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
We're staying in a hotel, the Aarons Hotel in Perth. We found it on Expedia and it wasnt too expensive, will let you know what it's like when we've been.
i will have a look where your hotel is and we will meet up, i am picking my son up on 15th, have a safe journey. Denise
Old Sep 26th 2005, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future
Wink Re: Hotels in Perth???

3. Saville Park Suites?
4. Emerald Hotel?

Thanks.

Try this hotel.
http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reser...ents_Perth.htm

nice, good value & clean.

good luck
Simonchef

Gina
Hi, i used the 'Alderney on hay'. Good value, clean & with a pool. http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reser...ents_Perth.htm

I don't know about your choices.

good luck
simonchef
Old Sep 27th 2005, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

3. Saville Park Suites?
4. Emerald Hotel?

Thanks.

Gina
hiya gina

we stayed at the Saville Park Suites when we came out for our recce visit 4 years ago...I know it's been a while, but we really loved it there. Very central and they bumped us up to a 2 bedroom suite for free!!

Saville Park Suites

I haven't stayed in any of the others but would highly recommend these!! To be honest I can't recall seeing a "bad" recommendation of any hotels here...although I'm sure there are plenty!!

Good luck choosing

love sophia xx
Old Sep 27th 2005, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

hi there,my family and i stayed at the saville parks suite hotel
in may/june 2003,we thought it was a lovely hotel with big spacious
rooms,we had an apartment room,the views aren't great but the
location is,any easy walk to city centre,or if your too lazy catch
the free city centre buses,the pool was also great, there was
three or four fitness machines in the pool area as well{didn't use them}
we ate out or cooked our own meals,to get a feel of the shops and
restraunts so no idea what the food was like in hotel.
the hotel also sits right next to bayswater car hire so it was really handy,
there is parking spaces on ground level of hotel,your fridge in the room
is stocked with various things,alcohol,biscuits,milk, etc,it's checked daily
and restocked if necessary but be warned it costs a fortune,you can also
access latest movies for tv by programming remote control,all in all we
thought it was a nice clean and perfectly located hotel.
martin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.