Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hotels in Mandurah

Hotels in Mandurah

Old Apr 8th 2004, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hotels in Mandurah

Hubby and I are planning a trip to Mandurah in August and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for anywhere to stay.

We won't be bringing kids so doesn't need to be child friendly and, whilst cleanliness is important to me, 5 star luxury isn't. (Actually it is, I just can't afford it ! )
Old Apr 9th 2004, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Is that a 'no' then ?
Old Apr 9th 2004, 9:33 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I stayed in Mandurah last summer but can't remember the name of the hotel, I wouldn't reccomend it anyway!!

Try this link, may be useful

http://www.westernaustralia.com/en/S...=Accommodation

Good Luck
Old Apr 9th 2004, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Heather,

When we visited Mandurah (admittedly briefly) in Dec 2002 there was a hotel just on the outside which was where Hubby's parents went for like a second honeymoon - I'll try andfind out detais for you...didn't see anything else actually in Mandurah - escaping without the kids eh?!!! Who's getting them!

Lucy
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hotels in Mandurah

Originally posted by ohippy
Hubby and I are planning a trip to Mandurah in August and wondered if anyone had any recommendations for anywhere to stay.

We won't be bringing kids so doesn't need to be child friendly and, whilst cleanliness is important to me, 5 star luxury isn't. (Actually it is, I just can't afford it ! )
Hi.
The "Atrium" in Mandurah is about the best accommodation to speak of, there are about 3 others but I cant think of names.... Mandurah resort I think is one other. will check up and get back.
Old Apr 9th 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

Why dont you take a look at
www.mandurahmigrant.com.au
they also do holiday accomodation
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by lucy.summers
Heather,

When we visited Mandurah (admittedly briefly) in Dec 2002 there was a hotel just on the outside which was where Hubby's parents went for like a second honeymoon - I'll try andfind out detais for you...didn't see anything else actually in Mandurah - escaping without the kids eh?!!! Who's getting them!

Lucy
Thanks Lucy - that would be great. I'm palming the kids off on my mum for a fortnight. She's not going to know what's hit her especially as she's never had them both overnight let alone for two weeks !!

I'm hoping that after that she'll be glad to see the back of us to Oz so she won't have to go through it again !
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Hotels in Mandurah

Originally posted by Stoney
Hi.
The "Atrium" in Mandurah is about the best accommodation to speak of, there are about 3 others but I cant think of names.... Mandurah resort I think is one other. will check up and get back.

Thanks Stoney - do you know if the 'Atrium' has a website ?
Old Apr 9th 2004, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by paula m
Why dont you take a look at
www.mandurahmigrant.com.au
they also do holiday accomodation
Thanks for that Paula - will bear in mind. I was after something where my meals would be cooked for me though - it'll be my own chance this year !! Mind you, if it's too pricey I'll be taking you up on your offer !!

Is your Mandurah property available the last two weeks of August ?
Old Apr 10th 2004, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

At Present it is but with the new web site am getting lots of enquiries
Old Apr 10th 2004, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by paula m
At Present it is but with the new web site am getting lots of enquiries
Ok - thanks for that Paula - will be in touch !
Old Apr 10th 2004, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Here are some details for you, taken from a visitor's guide dated 2002. I can't recommend any because we live here and have never stayed in a hotel here!

Atrium Hotel www.the-atrium.com.au
This is within walking distance of all the attractions and I would imagine it has lovely views as it's the highest building. No prices shown but likely to be the most expensive.

Mandurah Holiday Village www.mandurahholidayvillage.com.au
3-star resort, within walking distance of all attractions, prices from $85 per day.

Silver Sands Resort www.silversandsresort.com.au
4.5 star resort close to a lovely beach and a few minutes drive to the city, 1 bed apartments from $110.

Mandurah Quay Resort www.mandurahquay.com.au
Fully contained deluxe villas overlooking the Estuary.

Mandurah Foreshore Motel www.mandurahwa.com.au/foreshoremotel
Right in the centre of Mandurah, prices from $75 per double room.

If you're not bothered about being right in the centre of Mandurah, and don't mind driving a short way, there are other places that are probably less than 10 miles away eg

Peel Manor House www.peelmanorhouse.com.au
Luxury Country Retreat in Baldivis, from $130 per night

Yalgorup Eco Park on the Beach www.ecopark.com.au
The Hawaiian Eco Suites are suggested for a couple on a romantic getaway! Ideal for nature-lovers as it's situated next to a National Park.
Old Apr 10th 2004, 3:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Jacqui
Here are some details for you, taken from a visitor's guide dated 2002. I can't recommend any because we live here and have never stayed in a hotel here!

Atrium Hotel www.the-atrium.com.au
This is within walking distance of all the attractions and I would imagine it has lovely views as it's the highest building. No prices shown but likely to be the most expensive.

Mandurah Holiday Village www.mandurahholidayvillage.com.au
3-star resort, within walking distance of all attractions, prices from $85 per day.

Silver Sands Resort www.silversandsresort.com.au
4.5 star resort close to a lovely beach and a few minutes drive to the city, 1 bed apartments from $110.

Mandurah Quay Resort www.mandurahquay.com.au
Fully contained deluxe villas overlooking the Estuary.

Mandurah Foreshore Motel www.mandurahwa.com.au/foreshoremotel
Right in the centre of Mandurah, prices from $75 per double room.

If you're not bothered about being right in the centre of Mandurah, and don't mind driving a short way, there are other places that are probably less than 10 miles away eg

Peel Manor House www.peelmanorhouse.com.au
Luxury Country Retreat in Baldivis, from $130 per night

Yalgorup Eco Park on the Beach www.ecopark.com.au
The Hawaiian Eco Suites are suggested for a couple on a romantic getaway! Ideal for nature-lovers as it's situated next to a National Park.
That's fantastic Jacqui - thanks for going to so much trouble
Old Apr 10th 2004, 5:16 pm
Just Joined

maco is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know about hotels, but I would definitly recommend the dolphin swimming which can be booked at the tourist information centre in Mandurah. They take you out in a boat in a group of about 10 - 12. Once the dolphins have been spotted, everyone jumps in the water with their snorkels. The dolphins are wild and it's really amazing to see them in their own environment, not the doing tricks in a pool nonsense.
Did it this time last year and it was one of the highlights of our trip.
Old Apr 10th 2004, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

We've stayed a the Silver Sands several times. They are very well equipped apartments not quite on the beach but only a few yards away. We never cook for ourselves there as there are lots of places to eat out close by and there's a supermarket just across the road to buy breakfast supplies. There is an indoor pool which may be useful in August.

The Atrium was OK but it's just a hotel and you don't have as much space.

Have a good time.

Lesley