Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hotels inThailand

Hotels inThailand

Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Hotels inThailand

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Thailand, close to everything etc. I don't want anything dodgy!!!!!!!
Old Aug 19th 2004, 1:33 am
owieb

Default Re: Hotels inThailand

Originally Posted by melaniee
Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Thailand, close to everything etc. I don't want anything dodgy!!!!!!!
Where abouts in Thailand?

I've stayed in the Oriental (Bangkok), the Rayavadee (Krabi), the Laguna Beach Resort (Phuket), Le Meridian Baan Boran (Golden Triangle), Raja Phraba Lake resort (Surat Thani) and Tree Tops (Surat Thani).

All were fantastic.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

oooops-I mean in Bangkok!

Originally Posted by owieb

I've stayed in the Oriental (Bangkok), the Rayavadee (Krabi), the Laguna Beach Resort (Phuket), Le Meridian Baan Boran (Golden Triangle), Raja Phraba Lake resort (Surat Thani) and Tree Tops (Surat Thani).

All were fantastic.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 2:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Just looked up the Oriental-aargh! Looks lovely but a bit out of our price range! Looking for about $100 AUS per night!

Originally Posted by owieb

All were fantastic.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 4:12 am
owieb

Just looked up the Oriental-aargh! Looks lovely but a bit out of our price range! Looking for about $100 AUS per night!
That's a shame!

Sure you'll find something, Bangkok is pretty cheap and there's loads of other hotels around the main districts.

Try http://www.hotelclub.com/ and see what they show.

Old Aug 19th 2004, 4:31 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Loads in that range, try http://www.gothailand.com/
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks everyone-it is just choosing an area!

Originally Posted by The Don
Loads in that range, try http://www.gothailand.com/
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:42 am
Just Joined

jammyju is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hotels inThailand

Hi Try the Amari Atrium Excellent Hotel in good position and reasonably priced. Judith
Old Aug 19th 2004, 7:53 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jammyju
Hi Try the Amari Atrium Excellent Hotel in good position and reasonably priced. Judith

The Dusit Thani is very good too and quite reasonably priced.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 9:19 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi melaniee,
We've stayed at the Belaire Princess a couple of times. And at the Indira Regend once.
The Belaire Princess is just off Sukhumvit I think it's soi 5 or 6 The night market runs all along the main street for a couple of blocks in either direction.
It's close to the Sky train terminal and that's the quickest way around. We used the tuk tuk bikes a lot last time as we were feeling a lot braver
The Regent is further into the city and has a nice shopping complex on the ground floor.
Sean
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:29 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Melaniee
I have been to Bangkok numerous times (on business of course!)
As long as you are near the sky train, travelling around is safe and easy.
For Hotels, there are many bargains around, if you want a good deal, use www.wotif.com (an Australian managed/invented site) for cheap hotel rooms around the world within 2 weeks notice - they are sold off cheap. Try it! There are some 3 star going for less than AUS$40/night, 4star $55 and 5star $110

Andrew
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:33 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Sukumvit (spelling) road is central with lots of hotels in all price ranges.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

we stayed at http://bangkok.intercontinental.com/...acilities.html
there's a station just outside the hotel - Siam sq.
and you can walk to Jim Thompsons house from there.
The taxis are cheap to get to other parts of the city.
Old Aug 19th 2004, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally always prefer to stay as close as possible to the Chao Phrya river, which is marvellous. I'd strongly suggest this area. The nearer to Saphan Taksin Skytrain (the metro) the better.

The other area away from the river, with lots of hotels, shops, SKytrain etc is Sukhumvit (around Nana Skytrain).

I would search hotelclub as suggested for special bargains. Some airlines may also offer concessionary accommodation.

Good luck!

David
Old Aug 19th 2004, 10:43 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
Sukumvit (spelling) road is central with lots of hotels in all price ranges.
Sukumvit Road is not central although the skyrail can take you near a central place. The skyrail is still limited and does not go to the sights. Sukhumvit Road is where a lot of hotels are and was where US servicement used to go on R&R during Vietnam.

I stayed at the Inter Continental in Siam Square before it was pulled down. The area has some good shops and restaurants and the sights aren't too far away. Whatever happens you'll have the joys of Bangkok traffic in a Taxi. Unless you like sitting in a still car for a couple of hours avoid rush hour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.