Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hot.........or What?!

Wikiposts

Hot.........or What?!

Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:19 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Hot.........or What?!

Hi

Only 39C up here yesterday..... that's aboout 102F in old money!

Jim
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:25 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot.........or What?!

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Jim
yes, lovely and warm, nearly warm enough for arkon to take his long socks off and show his bare feet
what made it a bit warmer was that it peed down hard as rocks for 30 seconds in mid-afternoon then back to the sun so it was humid.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hi

Jim
Thankyou Jim! I'm now grinning like a chipmunk! It's cold and peeing down outside here in Bristol but we're heading to Gosford in Feb/March. 39c - I can handle that! Can't wait for a bit o' sunshine to warm these bones.

When did you get to Terrigal? Are you lovin' it?

Jo x
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:19 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Thankyou Jim! I'm now grinning like a chipmunk! It's cold and peeing down outside here in Bristol but we're heading to Gosford in Feb/March. 39c - I can handle that! Can't wait for a bit o' sunshine to warm these bones.

When did you get to Terrigal? Are you lovin' it?

Jo x
Hi

I reckon you would find a humid 39C just a tad too warm!

We've been up this way since July - started with a rental up a cliff overlooking the ocean at Killcare Heights - how cool is that (!) while we looked for a property to buy. Decided on Terrigal as we have only a 15-20 minute walk to either Terrigal or Wamberal beaches and the house just happened to tick most of the boxes and at the right price!

As you are heading this way to Gosford I presume you know the area?

Regards

Jim
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:24 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Jim
That is HOT for the time of year :scared:

Any signs of bushfires up there yet?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:26 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Was 41 in the city. What i found odd was the really strong hot wind late afternoon. It was like someone blowing a huge hairdryer all over you.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:29 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
Was 41 in the city. What i found odd was the really strong hot wind late afternoon. It was like someone blowing a huge hairdryer all over you.
Crikey, I can only remember that type of heated hot wind around Jan/Feb time :scared:
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:30 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

you werent doin your hair at the time were ya ?

More common in evening is a cool southerly wind that at times can turn a really hot evening into quite a cool one (bloody relief too)
A couple of years ago on one of the hottest days here (early 40's) I remember a strong southerlly coming and in a matter of minutes the temp went down to below 15c, I thanked god that day I tell ya
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:32 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Thankfully it did cool down quite dramatically later in the evening, and thankfully i had a pool to dip into. i dont think ive ever been swimming 4 times in one day
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:36 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Thankfully it did cool down quite dramatically later in the evening, and thankfully i had a pool to dip into. i dont think ive ever been swimming 4 times in one day
It wasn't the best day to mow the lawn. Think I should dig it up and put a pool in?
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:37 am
Banned

Said in a strong Yorkshire accent:

Luxury, bloody luxury
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by gedge
It wasn't the best day to mow the lawn. Think I should dig it up and put a pool in?

Well, i'm a real water baby so YES! put pool in. You'll have to keep it maintained but at least you can cool off when you've finished

Tis luxury Lukey. I love it
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hi

I reckon you would find a humid 39C just a tad too warm!

We've been up this way since July - started with a rental up a cliff overlooking the ocean at Killcare Heights - how cool is that (!) while we looked for a property to buy. Decided on Terrigal as we have only a 15-20 minute walk to either Terrigal or Wamberal beaches and the house just happened to tick most of the boxes and at the right price!

As you are heading this way to Gosford I presume you know the area?

Regards

Jim
Very cool!

Um, no ... we don't know the area, though we drove past it once on the way to Newcastle! We were planning to go to QLD, but my recruitment agent (bless her, she's wonderful) told me that if we went south we could get sponsored for PR - QLD won't - so I ended up taking a job at Gosford after a quick peek on the net!

The hospital sounds fab, compared to where I worked (very old build, not enough staff or equipment and we had mice!) so am excited about my new job (and terrified) :scared: .

Know next to nothing about the area, except what i've read on the net though I understand it's quiet at night? Am not too worried as Sydney is not so far away and the national parks and beaches will, I think, be ample compensation for a lack of nightlife. We're not exactly clubbers anyway, though we like a good meal out and a pub outing, more of a "everyone pop round to ours" couple (so's we only have to crawl up the stairs!).

Your house sounds great. Think we'll rent a while and take some time to check out the different areas first, plus I need to learn to drive so we can live further out of Gosford and be nearer the coast and still get to work.

We've sold up here, so will have some money to buy but want to take our time and look at all the options. Maybe even build a house.. not sure yet.

If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide to settle there? Did you know it before?

By the way, not sure i would find it too hot - but I know my husband might!!

Love Jo
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:43 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Said in a strong Yorkshire accent:

Luxury, bloody luxury
Aye thee knows.
Old Dec 7th 2005, 8:45 am
Banned

Well, i'm a real water baby so YES! put pool in. You'll have to keep it maintained but at least you can cool off when you've finished

Tis luxury Lukey. I love it
(sung to the tune of rolf harris, two little boys)
Did I think you would leave me boiling, when theres room in your pool for two, let me in I'll be swimming like a tadpole, and I promise not to poo.....

Ive only got a lil kiddy pool for the young fella but I can lay in it after he goes to bed and have a few beers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.