Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hot water bottles!!!!!!!!

Hot water bottles!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:00 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hot water bottles!!!!!!!!

Can you get them in Australia??

I suffer with migraines and when i get them a hot water bottle helps relieve the tension in my neck.

Or maybe my migraines will dissappear when we get to Aus...........wishful thinking i know!!! C x
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:15 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Hot water bottles!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by shiels
Yes of course, why wouldn't you?

I have fond child memories of being tucked up in bed by my mother, with a hot water bottle clutched to my chest as I attempted to fight off the flu.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:21 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hot water bottles!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Yes of course, why wouldn't you?

I have fond child memories of being tucked up in bed by my mother, with a hot water bottle clutched to my chest as I attempted to fight off the flu.
I only asked Vash as i needed to be sure!!!! With all that heat out there didnt expect them to be much call for them!!! C x
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:30 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I only asked Vash as i needed to be sure!!!! With all that heat out there didnt expect them to be much call for them!!! C x
Im frozen here this mornin its only 22 degrees....brrrrrrrrr
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:33 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by biggy
22 degrees??? I wish!!!! C x
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:40 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

22 degrees??? I wish!!!! C x
its weird how u get used to it...honestly I feel cold
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:41 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Try a wheat pack that you can chuck in the microwave for a couple of mins. They hold heat for a long time and mold to your neck or anywhere else and come in a variety of sizes, including a nice neck shaped thing. They are readily available.

On a completely different note you might want to go and see a remedial massage therapist. Very often migranes are brought on by trigger point activity in the upper and middle traps and scalene muscles. By treating those and also prescribing some excercises I often get excellent results with some of my clients.

Remedial therapy is usually claimable on healthfunds in Australia for a lot of fund packages so wont actually cost much for a few sessions over the course of a year. Just for information if you didnt know is all but wheat packs are awesome.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:52 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Centurion
Try a wheat pack that you can chuck in the microwave for a couple of mins. They hold heat for a long time and mold to your neck or anywhere else and come in a variety of sizes, including a nice neck shaped thing. They are readily available.

On a completely different note you might want to go and see a remedial massage therapist. Very often migranes are brought on by trigger point activity in the upper and middle traps and scalene muscles. By treating those and also prescribing some excercises I often get excellent results with some of my clients.

Remedial therapy is usually claimable on healthfunds in Australia for a lot of fund packages so wont actually cost much for a few sessions over the course of a year. Just for information if you didnt know is all but wheat packs are awesome.
Hey thanks for that, have tried wheatbags before, but if the secret be known i love my water bottle!!!

Never heard of Remedial therapy but certainly think my migraines could be due to something to do with neck as it gets so tense and uncomfortable. Tried cutting out different foods, medications and to no avail. My migraines also seem to be triggered by stress and going without food or fluids for too long.....something i do my best to try and avoid!!!

thanks again for the advice. C x
Old Apr 1st 2007, 9:58 pm

Simba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of lightSimba is a glorious beacon of light

I suffer with migraines and when i get them a hot water bottle helps relieve the tension in my neck.

Or maybe my migraines will dissappear when we get to Aus...........wishful thinking i know!!! C x

I think they are a side effect of being a Chocoholic.
Old Apr 1st 2007, 10:02 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by NeilCk
I think they are a side effect of being a Chocoholic.
Hey dont tell everyone!!!! C x
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion

I suffer terribly with migraine and I use a lavender infused wheatbag and it works wonders.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:24 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
bedroom this morning was only 20, and really feeling the chill in the morning and evening. Now taken to wearing socks as too cold to go barefooted. Won't be long before the hotwater bottle will be out working overtime - never used it so often as I did last winter. That reminds me, we will have to get an electric blanket this year.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

It's not hot all year round. Even in Queensland, it can be quite chilly during the winter months, and the further south you go, the colder it gets.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:46 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey thanks for that, have tried wheatbags before, but if the secret be known i love my water bottle!!!

Never heard of Remedial therapy but certainly think my migraines could be due to something to do with neck as it gets so tense and uncomfortable. Tried cutting out different foods, medications and to no avail. My migraines also seem to be triggered by stress and going without food or fluids for too long.....something i do my best to try and avoid!!!

thanks again for the advice. C x
I used to suffer appallingly with migraines - would lose up to four days at a time. Been here 16 months and not had anything worse than a headache. After much documenting of foods, drink, lifestyle, hospital testing etc etc etc mine were down to stress and being cold - muscles in the back and shoulders would tense and cause the migraine.

No stress here and I don't get cold anymore
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sassie
It's not hot all year round. Even in Queensland, it can be quite chilly during the winter months, and the further south you go, the colder it gets.
And the further inland too.

It is freezing inside in the winter months even during the day. Sometimes the temp inside drops to 14 degrees and it never dropped below 16 in UK house without heating on. Houses are made to keep heat out and let air circulate. I have a hot water bottler and electric blankie.

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.