Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hot enough for you today

Hot enough for you today

Old Dec 9th 2004, 7:05 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold
Default Hot enough for you today

............ in Perth ?!

Jim
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:14 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hot enough for you today

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
............ in Perth ?!

Jim
Very nice actually!! Haven't needed the air con yet, good nights sleep even though house was still 32°. Still found myself wrapped up in my fluffy doona come morning.
Jenny
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:22 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jensteve
Very nice actually!! Haven't needed the air con yet, good nights sleep even though house was still 32°. Still found myself wrapped up in my fluffy doona come morning.
Jenny
Are you serious??

Well, it was 36 wednesday, 38 yesterday, and 32 and humid today.
We're surviving, but it is a bit to hot for my liking.

House doesn't stay very cool, even though it's old with thick walls.
We don't have airco, but 2 fans they do help.

Had the fan on all night, and sleeping under sheet.

In February it's going to be like this, and hotter for most of the month probably. Hopefully we'll be more used to it then.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:29 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Simone
Are you serious??

Well, it was 36 wednesday, 38 yesterday, and 32 and humid today.
We're surviving, but it is a bit to hot for my liking.

House doesn't stay very cool, even though it's old with thick walls.
We don't have airco, but 2 fans they do help.

Had the fan on all night, and sleeping under sheet.

In February it's going to be like this, and hotter for most of the month probably. Hopefully we'll be more used to it then.
No am totally serious!
Maybe it has something to do with our last summer in the UK, we spent it in a caravan where it would reach 34°+ in the day and be around the 29° at night. Maybe we have aclimatised ourselves more prior to getting here. Don't know really, nice today though, had my morning coffee, house is 30° at moment and even Jason who used to moan if it hit 25° is not moaning anymore and had a good nights sleep as well.
I may however put the summer doona on now!!!!! still have my mars+venus one on for a warmer girlie side.
Jenny
Old Dec 10th 2004, 2:52 am
Scottish Aussie ©

Scossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond reputeScossie has a reputation beyond repute

The cool change seems to be finally kicking in!

Perth metro is currently 26.7.
It hit a high of 30.9 at 9.36 this morning.

BTW... Any Perthites wondering where i'm getting this info, here's the site.
Good site.... & it's updated constantly without manually refreshing it.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60034.shtml

I had a bloke round servicing our aircon this morning. What a difference!
Ice crystals forming on the keyboard as I type this

Forecast for the Kings Park bash on Sunday is 28. Not too bad.

Cheers... John...