Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

hospital for x-rays

hospital for x-rays

Old Jul 22nd 2002, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Nina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hospital for x-rays

We still haven't received a request for a medical check, but because I have read that some of you had to wait a long time for an appointment for a medical, I wanted to check how long the waiting times are here in the Netherlands.

On the DIMIA website I found a list of the doctors which can do the medical check so I called the nearest one, and if I needed I could make an appointment in a few days.

As I read on this forum, DIMIA will also request that we do the x-rays. My question is "Where can you do them?" "In any hospital or do they also send a list with approved hospitals?" Do you also need a letter from the doctor doing your medicals for a x-ray request at a hospital or can you make the appointment yourself just saying it is for immigration purposes?

Thanks in advance,
Nina
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 7:27 am
Forum Regular

mxqth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hospital for x-rays

the doc should tell you that. Mine, did tell me everything necessary. Medicals are not a problem.

Luck.
Old Jul 23rd 2002, 12:20 pm
Thunder Ace

Default Re: hospital for x-rays

Nina <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > We still haven't received a request for a medical check, but because I have read
    > that some of you had to wait a long time for an appointment for a medical, I wanted
    > to check how long the waiting times are here in the Netherlands.
    >
    > On the DIMIA website I found a list of the doctors which can do the medical
    > check so I called the nearest one, and if I needed I could make an appointment
    > in a few days.
    >
    > As I read on this forum, DIMIA will also request that we do the x-rays. My question
    > is "Where can you do them?" "In any hospital or do they also send a list with
    > approved hospitals?" Do you also need a letter from the doctor doing your medicals
    > for a x-ray request at a hospital or can you make the appointment yourself just
    > saying it is for immigration purposes?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Nina

DIMIA will give you a list of doctors and x-ray locations when they request the
medical. You can book the medicals and x-rays seperately however you will have to
give the x-rays to your examining doctor. Some doctors will also have x-ray
facilities and these will be indicated on the list that DIMIA send to you. This
avoids having to make separate appointments at different locations but it's not
always practical, depending on where you live.

Thunder Ace