Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse riding in Perth

Horse riding in Perth

Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future
Default Horse riding in Perth

Hi can anyone help me? We are due to come for a validation/reccie next week. Whilst we are in Perth we would like to take my daughter riding as it is her main hobby (she is totally obsessed) and we feel it would make the transition easier if she knew there was a good friendly stables where she could continue to ride. Does anyone know of a good stables where we would be able to arrange for an hour private lesson? We are staying in City Beach and are likely to be moving to the northern suburbs when we move over at Christmas, so one in that area would be great but we will travel anywhere if necessary.
Many thanks
Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:26 am
Banned

kite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Horse riding in Perth

There are some - but you will best get out if you want to make it more fun - I suggest over the hills - towards northam - there are loads of schools about.

But make sure you ask for english style riding (unless you want cowboy style)
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:28 am
Forum Regular

amanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of lightamanda34 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by micged
Hi can anyone help me? We are due to come for a validation/reccie next week. Whilst we are in Perth we would like to take my daughter riding as it is her main hobby (she is totally obsessed) and we feel it would make the transition easier if she knew there was a good friendly stables where she could continue to ride. Does anyone know of a good stables where we would be able to arrange for an hour private lesson? We are staying in City Beach and are likely to be moving to the northern suburbs when we move over at Christmas, so one in that area would be great but we will travel anywhere if necessary.
Many thanks
Michelle

Hi there, there is a really nice, huge stables called Yanchep stables in Perth. I know they are having some issues with their land just now but are still about as far as I know. They do some increadible riding too, doing some evening rides out for some barbies and back again but also do private lessons. One word though, it isnt cheap to ride out there, its about the same as here for lessons which shocked me as I was told the cost of living was pound per dollar....but not sure how much different kiddies lessons would be.

They even have about 10 camels there and about 80 horses....they do huge amounts of things for kids.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Michelle

Around Forrestfield, MaidVale and Kalamunda there are dozens of stables and I Know some give lessons. But I cannot be more helpful.

It's about 40 mins drive from City Beach so it may be a bit too far. Generally the stables are on the outskirts of the city. A lot of the areas are now being rezoned to make room for even more "damned foreigners".

Keel

Many thanks
Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:56 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.brookleigh.com.au/html/program/index.htm

http://www.stablesyanchep.com.au/

Springfield Riding school, hawkins rd, wanneroo - 9405 8889 (lessons, rides out)

Forge Farm, Chidlow - 9572 4445 (forest rides, lessons, camps, weekend treks)

Whitebourne Equestrian Centre, Northbourne Road, York - 9646 1392

Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sel

Springfield Riding school, hawkins rd, wanneroo - 9405 8889 (lessons, rides out)

Many thanks for all your replies, it will make life a lot easier if she sees the positives in the move and for that to happen it seems it will have to involve horses!
Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel

HI thanks for the reply, where is brookleigh - I cannot find it on the map and it doesn't give a location on the website?
Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:10 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for all your replies, it will make life a lot easier if she sees the positives in the move and for that to happen it seems it will have to involve horses!
Michelle
I can understand that I am the horse mad one in our family not the kids I have two boys who are only interested if they are on something with wheels.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:14 pm
sel
~~~

HI thanks for the reply, where is brookleigh - I cannot find it on the map and it doesn't give a location on the website?
Michelle
BROOKLEIGH EQUESTRIAN ESTATE
1235 Great Northern Highway UPPER SWAN WA 6069
Tel : 9296 2601 Fax : 9296 2602
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel
I can understand that I am the horse mad one in our family not the kids I have two boys who are only interested if they are on something with wheels.
i must admit I don't get it. I don't know where she got it from but she loves it and it is a good healthy past-time that we are happy to encourage. We just dread the day she wants one of her own - it is expensive enough already! However we are beginning to think that the move would be an opportunity to buy a bit of land somewhere so if the inevitable happens when she is a teenager at least we would be in a position to consider it. Do you know the areas of Perth that we should consider looking at? We have always said we would start in the northern suburbs but we are now considering being further afield to get a little bit of land.
Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel
BROOKLEIGH EQUESTRIAN ESTATE
1235 Great Northern Highway UPPER SWAN WA 6069
Tel : 9296 2601 Fax : 9296 2602
Thanks
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:40 pm
sel
~~~

i must admit I don't get it. I don't know where she got it from but she loves it and it is a good healthy past-time that we are happy to encourage. We just dread the day she wants one of her own - it is expensive enough already! However we are beginning to think that the move would be an opportunity to buy a bit of land somewhere so if the inevitable happens when she is a teenager at least we would be in a position to consider it. Do you know the areas of Perth that we should consider looking at? We have always said we would start in the northern suburbs but we are now considering being further afield to get a little bit of land.
Michelle
Mainly it depends on your budget, for a reasonable priced house with acreage suitable for a horse you are now looking at being a good hour out of perth CBD like at Toodyay. Closer in at 37km prices start to go up, but a gorgeous area which also has a showground and is very "horsey" is Gidgegannup. Other places to look at are bullsbrook, Chittering, gabbadah, Chidlow, gingin.

Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel
Mainly it depends on your budget, for a reasonable priced house with acreage suitable for a horse you are now looking at being a good hour out of perth CBD like at Toodyay. Closer in at 37km prices start to go up, but a gorgeous area which also has a showground and is very "horsey" is Gidgegannup. Other places to look at are bullsbrook, Chittering, gabbadah, Chidlow, gingin.

Great, thanks. we leave on Wednesday for our reccie so will definately check out these areas.
Michelle
Old Aug 11th 2006, 3:05 pm
sel
~~~

Great, thanks. we leave on Wednesday for our reccie so will definately check out these areas.
Michelle
How long are you visiting for ? We are moving into our new house next week but if you are up Gabbadah way and fancy dropping in for a coffee and a chat you would be more than welcome
Old Aug 11th 2006, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sel
How long are you visiting for ? We are moving into our new house next week but if you are up Gabbadah way and fancy dropping in for a coffee and a chat you would be more than welcome
Thanks that is really kind of you. We are staying until the 30th but to be honest I don't really know how much time we will have until we get there. My husband has arranged several interviews with IT people in the CBD and we are seeing a couple of people to advise us on finances etc. We are also trying to visit some friends inbetween horse riding! However it would be great to get more advice from someone who has made the move. If it is okay with you one I know our schedule a little more I'll contact you again.
Many thanks
Michelle