Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Wikiposts

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

My daughter rides at The Stables in Yanchep
http://www.stablesyanchep.com.au/
It can be a bit rough & ready but she loves it there as she & a friend of ours get to go out on hacks alone, they love riding on the beach and through the bush. They quite often see kangaroos on their rides.

There are plenty of other places around too, their's Ron's Ranch in Wanneroo & theexpensive but worth a treat Brookleigh.

Here's another link with a few more

http://www.horsedirectory.com.au/wa/...l_carri_rides/

Happy hacking!

Loopy
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

Try this website www.cyberhorse.com.au go to their chat forum (called the meet market!) and post a message on there. There are heaps of friendly people on there that are horsey and come from perth, I'm sure they will point you in the right direction.
Here in North/West Sydney there are loads of horsey places, I have my own horse here now and its great. Insurance isn't such an issue, my stables just insist that everyone that rides there belongs to the EFA (equestrian federation of australia www.efanational.com), being an associate member of this gives you personal accident cover for any horse related activity.

can't help with the dancing!!!

Mandy
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:14 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by loose
How old was your little girl when she started? A lot of kids are scared stiff of horses at 5, your wee one looks like a natch. Gold medal nailed on I reckon.
She was 2 when she started. She was at school in a science lesson last week and they had to talk about the favourite smells - daughter declared it was 'horse poo' which the teacher didn't quite believe. Every Sat after her lesson she sits and sniffs her gloves -

She's goes and helps muck out etc in the hoidays for weeks at a time (9am-5pm) Thought it would put her off, how stupid was I, just makes her love them even more.

She also asked me if The Melbourne Cup was on TV, when I said "Yes", she said "Great that means you'll see me on TV when I'm in it" ' she's still only 6. Why did she have to pick the most expensive hobby known to man??

Jill

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:21 am
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

Wife and daughter have ridden at "Ron's Ranch" and while out in the bush , did meet some kangeroos.. :scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:30 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
She was 2 when she started. She was at school in a science lesson last week and they had to talk about the favourite smells - daughter declared it was 'horse poo' which the teacher didn't quite believe. Every Sat after her lesson she sits and sniffs her gloves -

She's goes and helps muck out etc in the hoidays for weeks at a time (9am-5pm) Thought it would put her off, how stupid was I, just makes her love them even more.

She also asked me if The Melbourne Cup was on TV, when I said "Yes", she said "Great that means you'll see me on TV when I'm in it" ' she's still only 6. Why did she have to pick the most expensive hobby known to man??

Jill
lol!

I like the 'farm smell' too. (not the poo though!)
I think the combination of hay, animals, dirt, grass, food.....

I'm sure there's much more expensive hobbies.... Though, it's defintely not the cheapest either!
Just hope she doesn't want her own horse soon.......
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:45 am
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by Simone
lol!

I like the 'farm smell' too. (not the poo though!)
I think the combination of hay, animals, dirt, grass, food.....

I'm sure there's much more expensive hobbies.... Though, it's defintely not the cheapest either!
Just hope she doesn't want her own horse soon.......

Soon.... she wants it now!!!
:scared:
She thinks we are going to be rich when we go to OZ !! they wear those rose coloured specs early on !!

Jill

Old Jun 22nd 2004, 6:03 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Soon.... she wants it now!!!
:scared:
She thinks we are going to be rich when we go to OZ !! they wear those rose coloured specs early on !!

Jill
oh oh............. I could've known....

I got a pony once. My parents were smart enough to 'lease' her first!
It was the worst pony anyone could have! I didn't even dare get her out of the paddock myself I actually got her from the person who was teaching me to ride! We soon gave her back!
Soon after a new riding school opened, and I soon built more confidence there(the first lady just led me along, even after heaps of lessons, I couldn't ride on my own, wierd stuff)

Ok, and I guess I wasn't obsessed as your's seems! I was also quite happy with goats, chooks and a rabbit!
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 7:56 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Jill
Thank god for that. It's not just me then....