Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Wikiposts

Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:38 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Simone
I think my legs were actually that short!

But yeah, it does look a bit wierd..... I was just starting out then...

I'll see if I can find some more, from years later

I used to be like that - I always rode horses that we way too big for me. Legs flapping halfway down the saddle, needing a crane to get on board....
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:40 am
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Horse riding and Dancing!!!

Originally posted by loose
Thanks for that Warren, thats great.

We'll be moving to Yokine, my girlfriend and her brother bought a duplex plot there years ago. Its got a little old house on it that we'll stay in for a while, before deciding whether build new or not.

What about you? Whereabouts are you heading for?
Hi Loose,
We're heading for Ballajura to start with in the Northern suberbs and then hope to settle in Landsdale.

PS: My mum ran a dance school for 25 years in the uK thats why I know about these things and my aunty in Oz is her twin sister !! Unfortunately she doesn't do Latin just the ballet and tap.

Good luck (and I agree with Bundy - those stirrups were too short by half !!) LOL

Best wishes
Warren
Perth 2004....Twice !! :scared: :scared:

Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:49 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Here a pic of later, in Bridgetown, I was 13. This was when my uncle was visiting, and we went with the whole family. Usually it was just me and the instructor, among the rolling hills, ahhhh, that was the life!
Once we went with a group of girls, and the horses raced each other up a hill!!! Arghhhhh! They were all old racing horses, thourough breds and stuff.
At my friends house they had a pony, we rode it bareback, that was cool. They also had a dam.
Ahhh, those were the days!

Here's horseriding places in Perth:
http://www.yellowpages.com.au/search...siteOnly=false
Attached Thumbnails Horse riding and Dancing!!!-horseriding-bridgetown.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:50 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Looking a bit more in control there Simone. Well done
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:51 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy
I used to be like that - I always rode horses that we way too big for me. Legs flapping halfway down the saddle, needing a crane to get on board....
Yeah!
And, you have to remember, I was 7!! (don't know if you can tell from that pic...?)

Oh, and the horses(ponies), had cool names, I remember Blinky Bill and Tinker bell!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:53 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by Simone
Yeah!
And, you have to remember, I was 7!! (don't know if you can tell from that pic...?)

Oh, and the horses(ponies), had cool names, I remember Blinky Bill and Tinker bell!!

Blink Bill is a legend.
Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:55 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
Hi Loose,
We're heading for Ballajura to start with in the Northern suberbs and then hope to settle in Landsdale.

PS: My mum ran a dance school for 25 years in the uK thats why I know about these things and my aunty in Oz is her twin sister !! Unfortunately she doesn't do Latin just the ballet and tap.

Good luck (and I agree with Bundy - those stirrups were too short by half !!) LOL

Best wishes
Warren
Perth 2004....Twice !! :scared: :scared:

We wont be a million miles away. hopefully our paths will cross some day.

Might not be able to visit your Aunty though. Dont mind trying the latin stuff cos I can just hold on and let the missus lead me around, but I cant really see me doing ballet or tap!!!

Cheers!

Old Jun 21st 2004, 3:56 am
She's a bird, you know

Dont mind trying the latin stuff cos I can just hold on and let the missus lead me around, but I cant really see me doing ballet or tap!!!

I can
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:00 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I can

you just want to see me in those ballet tights!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 4:01 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Looking a bit more in control there Simone. Well done
Mmm, yeah. I was never really in control, unfortunetly, that's why I stopped a few years ago. I love animals, but riding them wasn't my thing, I wasn't strong enough and in control enough.
Fell of a few times too, when the horse decided to gallop home...
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Any help appreciated.
Yep you need it

....and here's me thinking a Salsa was a salad or something
Old Jun 21st 2004, 5:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Ok, one more, this is just before I stopped (in Holland)
Specially for Bix :scared:
My first and last competition, dressure(is that English???)
Attached Thumbnails Horse riding and Dancing!!!-paardrijden-nederland.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:17 am
Go Banana's !!

The English is Dressage (pronounced dress arge)

Daughter would love to join you on a hack sometime

BTW I know nothing about horses it's all my six year old's info!

Jill

Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:36 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
The English is Dressage (pronounced dress arge)

Daughter would love to join you on a hack sometime

BTW I know nothing about horses it's all my six year old's info!

Jill
Ahhh, Dressage! Of course! Thanks! (in Dutch it's dressuur)

Yeah, cool! I haven't rode/ridden(!) for ages! Would love to again! But on a really tame horse!
I realise now it was maybe my last stables that ruined it for me. Ok, I wasn't to confident, but the horses were really annoying compared to the ones in Oz.

Ok, some more pics for your daugter

THis is my mum (and me in the pink shorts) coming back from a trail ride in Manjimup, in the southwest, on holiday in January 1990. This is near Fonty's pool, which is a sort of natural/concrete swimming pool.
Attached Thumbnails Horse riding and Dancing!!!-horseriding-manjimup.jpg  
Old Jun 21st 2004, 6:39 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

My first lesson ever! (at Helena Valley, Perth 1990)
Woohoo, no hands!!!

(oops, bit big first time!)
Attached Thumbnails Horse riding and Dancing!!!-horseriding-helena-valley.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.