Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Horse riding in Cairns

Horse riding in Cairns

Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

nikedge is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horse riding in Cairns

Hi we're hoping to be moving out in 2008 with the ambulance service.
And I've been unable to find what i'm looking for of the net so I thought I'd ask here. I like to Show jump and would like to either take my horse with me or sell him and buy another out there, but all i can find is outback riding and tourist treks. Is there places where I can keep a horse at livery and hopefully carry on competing, I'm sure there must be as Australia is one of the top 5 equestrian nations but can't find what I want to be reassured.
Any help gratefully received.
Nikki
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:53 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Horse riding in Cairns

Originally Posted by nikedge
Hi we're hoping to be moving out in 2008 with the ambulance service.
And I've been unable to find what i'm looking for of the net so I thought I'd ask here. I like to Show jump and would like to either take my horse with me or sell him and buy another out there, but all i can find is outback riding and tourist treks. Is there places where I can keep a horse at livery and hopefully carry on competing, I'm sure there must be as Australia is one of the top 5 equestrian nations but can't find what I want to be reassured.
Any help gratefully received.
Nikki
Hi Nikki.
I see lots of horses in Cairns and drove past a showjumping event only last week at Freshwater.
There is a racetrack at Woree and more than one trekking company for holiday makers so it seems the area is well up horsy wise.

Here's one which may be the sort of thing you are looking for. It's a really beautiful spot too.
http://www.redlynchequestrian.com/
Old Oct 28th 2007, 11:57 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Here's another link.......
http://www.qld.equestrian.org.au/db/...Action=Display
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:01 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Just be careful with the Lions in Cairns.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:03 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

CAIRNS SHOWGROUND EQUESTRIAN CENTRE
For all your short or long term stabling, exercise and agistment requirements whilst in the Cairns
area of Far North Queensland. Providing Quality care for your horse in a central location.
Ring Mark or Emma on (07) 4051 0222 Fax (07) 4051 0888 or E-mail us at [email protected]
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:11 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by Bordy
Just be careful with the Lions in Cairns.
But I'm no good at dressage.

Here's another
http://homes.jcu.edu.au/~jc157462/index.html
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:13 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
But I'm no good at dressage.
No your better at Undressage from what I hear.
Old Oct 28th 2007, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

nikedge is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you
N x